6 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Yes sir...I apologize, been slacking on keeping things posted. I went with the particle separator intake, mainly because I wanted to do aircraft 416 with the "Minute Man"  motif on the nose.

Here she is ready for paint. I kept any "preshading" to a minimum, and under a coat of USMC Green is likely not going to show much regardless. As the photos show, these helos were kept rather pristine (as heloes go...), and appear to be a semi gloss finish, which is exactly how the Model Master Acryl went down. I typically don't shoot MM Acryl, so I didn't have any of the MM thinner on hand. I used Mr. Color Leveling thinner and it shot very nice. I've heard good and bad about MM Acryl but the only negative thing I can say is that it only required a little extra effort cleaning my airbrush, 91% alcohol tended to make it a bit gummy in there, so I used the leveling thinner as a cleaning agent too.

IMG_5091.jpg

IMG_5111.jpg

I painted the yellow warning area with Chrome Yellow (Gunze Mr. Color), prior to the green. Let it dry a day or two, masked and shot the green;

IMG_5126.jpg

I shot a light coat of Testors Gloss lacquer over the green prior to decaling;

IMG_5127.jpg

...and on to decals. I'm using Micro Scale letters and numbers to create the tail codes, BuNo, etc. Each cut individually! Good thing I don't mind decaling. I got a modeling buddy sending me a sheet from the Hobyboss UH-1C to provide all the white stenciling.

IMG_5171.jpg

GREAT!

• 3 weeks later...

I finally finished this up. The decals took some time, all from the spares box or from individual letter/number sheets. The "Minute Man" on the nose I made, and printed onto white decal paper and trimmed out. I'll post a few more pics in "The Display Case".

DSC_0027.jpg

5 hours ago, Collin said:

Clark Dangerous say "Well Done" Whitey.

If you were at the Richmond show yesterday, you may get the name reference.

Cheers

Collin

Haaa...I was there, but missed the reference?? I missed running into you also apparently.

13 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

Superb build Whitey.    Came out very clean considering what you had to start with.   Not the best fitting kit out there.  

Thanks Don. Yeah, the fit is a real PItA. Glue a little, clamp it, leave it alone, come back in a few days...

On 2/28/2018 at 8:09 AM, 82Whitey51 said:

Whoa...cool! I've never seen any "E"s in low viz. They did operate "N" models for a short time and they were low viz.

There were a few of the -Ns that flew with the lizzard paint job too, I'll dig through the photos and get one up in the next day or so. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...