FW 190 russian winter white cam

I'm building the new Eduard 1/48 scale FW 190 A-4 and I want to try doing the white distemper camo over the standard camo.  I have a question regarding stencils.  As this was a field applied scheme would all or just some of the stenciling reapplied over the white paint?  And if only some of the stencils were present which ones would be most likely to appear?

Given the conditions on the East Front, I highly doubt that any of the maint stenciling would have been reapplied over the whitewash.   The maintenance crews had much more pressing concerns.  Keep in mind, the whitewash was a temporary paint, usually crudely applied (although in some cases, they did a neat job) and simply scrubbed off with water when spring arrived.

At most, maybe they would have applied it around the fuel octane triangle but even that would be somewhat uncommon. Typically the only things left showing were national and squadron markings. Everything else was overpainted.   Note as well - they didn't reapply these markings on top of the whitewash, they simply either masked them off or just worked an inch or two off the edge of the markings.   This stuff was crudely applied with paintbrushes, mops, etc.   Neatness wasn't a big priority.

Edited by 11bee