5 hours ago, modelingbob said:

I got it also. It basically says Horizon Hobby bought out their business and that includes all customer info. You can opt out of your customer info going to Horizon by clicking a link at the bottom of the page. I opted out since I don't do RC, which is what Horizon does. 

I got that same e-mail.  It said to opt out, my "request to opt out must be received no later than April 6, 2018."  I received the e-mail at 9:56pm on April 6.  Nothing like last minute notice. It's good I checked my e-mail before heading up to bed so I could opt out before their deadline.

My email from Tower was dated Friday April 6 at 4:14 pm.  I didn't open it until today.

Having said that, every promotional email I ever received from Tower had an unsubscribe button.  Hopefully any emails from Horizon will offer the same option.

Revell's global operations have been acquired by a German investment firm "Quantum Capital". Also, from what I've gathered, USA-based operations have been shut down completely. All Revell operations would be directed from Germany from now on.

Rest in peace, Revell USA.

Edited by kaz

I've been grabbing the Revell 1/32 kits that I either want more copies of or didn't have to begin with. My go-to seller on Amazon sold 10 Me-262's in less then 24 hours! Word is out...grab them now or they'll be hard to find or the price will skyrocket.

We need to wait and see what they are going to do. Panicking will only cause more issues. I'm sure a news release on their intentions will be coming out soon. I remember after the Houston flooding there were rumors of a major gas shortage and people panicked causing more problems which included fights at gas pumps and road rage incidents. So let's all stay calm and see what they say.

Revell USA is practically dead as a business since the sale of the global Revell, or quite possibly even before that. There's an email out there in other forums from a Revell USA employee which confirms it. AFAIK, new ownership took over the rights and trademarks associated with Revell USA so the labels and some licenses are here to stay, just not the company. Question now is how new ownership affects RoG's current business model.

I have no idea what the problem is (please pardon my ignorance...).

Revell of Germany is still alive, and the US market is very big and attractive as usual. So RoG will make sure that its products will find their way to the US customers.

What do I miss?

HAJO

• 4 months later...

Well, I have no idea if its related, but my local Hobby Lobby now has far more Airfix kits in stock then Revell. Now I don't mind this as now I can get some of the new Airfix 1/48 and 1/72 aircraft and armor for 40% off any day with the coupon and my son loves their Quick Build kits and they now have a lot to choose from (their Lamborghini kit he just built beats Lego any day). I picked up the 1/48 P-51D and P-40 for $19 and change each the other day. But I have also noticed that as the Revell kits sell out they aren't being replaced (cars, ships, and planes) with more Revell but with other brands. Again, not sure if its related but it could be. I think if there are any Revell kits people want here in the States it might be a good idea to grab them now lest they disappear or start climbing in price.

Regards.