Revell 1/48th scale AH-1F

Oh man, she’s a beauty. Like Floyd said, Cobra’s are near and dear to my heart as I personally grew up with them being that my dad flew them for 20 years. Do you any more photos? Did you happen to build the HSS rails on the canopy or no? Was it just OOB or was there anything else you used? What paints did you use?

Thank you for the nice comment. The model was built straight out of the box with no modifications or add-ons. Believe it or not, I used rest oleum camouflage specialty paint from Lowe’s to paint the body. This paint is the flattest I’ve ever seen. It comes in a 12 ounce can. It goes  through an airbrush fantastic. 

829C785D-3CA7-4E9E-80A4-2713075168A9.jpeg

Edited by Christopher Bowling
Grammar errors
On 1/14/2018 at 9:51 AM, Christopher Bowling said:

Thank you for the nice comment. The model was built straight out of the box with no modifications or add-ons. Believe it or not, I used rest oleum camouflage specialty paint from Lowe’s to paint the body. This paint is the flattest I’ve ever seen. It comes in a 12 ounce can. It goes  through an airbrush fantastic. 

829C785D-3CA7-4E9E-80A4-2713075168A9.jpeg

Wow! Just.... Wow! I'm no expert, but that paint looks spot on! So, am I correct to assume that you just just decanted and sprayed?

Once again, great work!

11 minutes ago, Christopher Bowling said:

Thank you Sir. Yes ,I decanted it, let sit for about 5 minutes, then shot it through my airbrush. This is fantastic.

Which brand and color was it?  I really love the color.  I'll have to try it on my next Army helicopter.  Your Cobra is motivating me to finish up or two of the five 1/48th scale ones I have in progress.

Floyd

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

IMG_3778-2.JPG.3f668188aec156f567eb5c17b228e48e.JPG I originally took the pictures of the Cobra with my IPAD. The photo was not altered at all before posting. This photo was taken with my Canon 35mm.Im still learning to to post pictures, and get the best quality photos I can. This photo should give you a better idea of how this paint looks once applied> Any questions, please ask.

B526EDB6-BE5F-443C-9BDB-1BC51E6B8B60.jpeg.bb051efc56c902f6ad0c9e187ac1dfb7.jpegA picture with the IPad. If there is anyone willing to give me some advice on using the Canon to get better pictures, I’d really  appreciate it.  The pictures that I’ve taken with the Canon are super large.