Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
strikeeagle801

Does anyone make a 1/48 LAU-131 rocket pod for the A-10?

Recommended Posts

LAU-131? 
Not familiar with that rocket pod - could it be LAU-68 (7 shot) or LAU-3/5003 (19 shot) you mean? 

 

FWIW - there is a jammer pod called ALQ-131, could it be a mix of designations? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Niels said:

LAU-131? 
Not familiar with that rocket pod - could it be LAU-68 (7 shot) or LAU-3/5003 (19 shot) you mean? 

 

FWIW - there is a jammer pod called ALQ-131, could it be a mix of designations? 

 

Here's a link to info on LAU-131 rocket pod. Similar to the LAU-68 but shorter.

 

https://www.arnolddefense.com/lau-131a-rocket-launcher/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did some more searching. Attack Squadron made one. Unfortunately, they left the aftermarket accessory business so it may be hard to find. Here a link to one on Hobby Search (out of stock).

 

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10410475

 

Edit: Hit save just as Thegoodsgt posted ;-)

 

Edited by Mstor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The LAU-68D/A and LAU-131/A are the same length, if you can't find an Attack Squadron LAU-131 you can just use a Hasegawa (or any other aftermarket) LAU-68. Only the LAU-68F/A is longer because it is used for APKWS and to my knowledge, no aftermarket company has made a LAU-68F/A yet.

 

The LAU-131 is the Air Force's version of the LAU-68C/A, there are some internal differences but externally they are basically the same.

 

hth

GW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

The LAU-131 is the Air Force's version of the LAU-68C/A, ... .

 

Thanks, GW -- good stuff.

 

Gene K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

The LAU-68D/A and LAU-131/A are the same length, if you can't find an Attack Squadron LAU-131 you can just use a Hasegawa (or any other aftermarket) LAU-68. Only the LAU-68F/A is longer because it is used for APKWS and to my knowledge, no aftermarket company has made a LAU-68F/A yet.

 

The LAU-131 is the Air Force's version of the LAU-68C/A, there are some internal differences but externally they are basically the same.

 

hth

GW

Thanks for the clarification!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay. So, I'll look for Attack Squadron (thank's for the link Mstor) LAU-131's, or a LAU-68. Thank you guys for the help.

 

Aaron 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaron how many do you need? I may have some spare AS ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ideally, two. But I've seen several shots of Inherent Resolve A-10's loaded with only one. If you can help out, I'd be most grateful. Feel free to drop me a PM with what you would like in return. Thank you.

 

Aaron 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m out of town till Wednesday PM me so I don’t forget :) I can spare one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...