Academy 1/48th Scale CH-53E

Love the Academy kits. Go together great.  Model is displayed on a custom built base. The base consist of three-quarter inch plywood covered with hardwood floor sanding paper. The tiedowns are from Tom’s model works. 

58567A98-5D17-4C6C-9D86-AA8B2BF5DD09.jpeg

Edited by Christopher Bowling
Grammar errors
3 minutes ago, Fighting Eighty-Four said:

That is just fantastic man.  Beautiful!

The base is awesome too.  The Academy CH/MH-53 kits are just awesome to see built.  What aftermarket did you use? Any?

Bravo!

Thank you again gentlemen. Theses bases are very easy to build. Supplies need : 3/4 in plywood,  decorative trim for the edges, heavy duty contacted  adhesive,  sandpaper.  The grit needs to match the scale your building.  For instance, if I’m building something in  either 1/35 scale, or 1/32 scale, I use 80 grit sandpaper.  If I’m building a base for a very small model (1/144th Scale), Ill use 220 grit sandpaper.

Christopher, 

Just an outstanding build of a CH-53E 'copter. The weathering is just perfect for a well maintained operational helicopter. Add the base into the equation and you've got as fantastic presentation piece for sure.

Joel

• 2 weeks later...

very nicely done. I have to refurbish my one at some point. I'm just glad I didn't bin it as these kits are rare and hard to find at a  reasonable price

I've always admired the way the blades fold back like that. Its a marvel of engineering really.

BTW, you may want to consider adding more that one photo per post.  It'll save you time :thumbsup: