There is currently,  or future plans for any of the manufactures out there to release a USAF 20th Special Operations UH-1F/P in 1/35 scale .  I have destroyed a Dragon UH-1H and MRC UH-1C trying to recreate this historic airframe to no avail. So I am seeking any ideas and options to try again. My problem areas are mating two dissimilar thickness plastic bodies together and of course the unique side ways engine exhaust which separates the F/P from other short bodied Hueys.

My guess is you will see 20 new BF 109s before any one ever even thinks about doing a UH-1F/P in 35th.  I know it's not the same, but the 1/72 Italeri UH-1F fitted with a rotor from a UH-1D/H kit is the best you can do right now without totally scratchbuilding as you attempted.  

Ray

Edited by rotorwash

Can you use some parts/whole Hobbyboss kit?

Disregard I forget about the Italeri have the exhaust, my gut said to trust Ray and I have should listened, my bad. 

Edited by Tank

I don't know if Don Fogal frequents this forum or just the Hyperscale forum, but he did a nice job of bashing a Monogram C with an ESCI or Italeri (can't recall which) D. I think his photos of it on the forum were lost in The Great Photobucket Fiasco, but he might be able to give you some pointers on how he managed it, so you could apply them to your large-scale build.

Figuring out exactly how the longer boom mates to the short fuselage has kept me from attempting this conversion in 1/48. I think Don spliced the D boom onto the C fuselage somewhere aft of the cargo hatch. 

HTH.

Ben