Italeri 1/48th Scale CH-47D

• 1 month later...

Like riding on a dang roller coaster when those guys do NOE flying. Kinda fun but never know when you're finally gonna puke lol. Great job swashplate, bet it takes a good amount of shelf space!

33 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Like riding on a dang roller coaster when those guys do NOE flying. Kinda fun but never know when you're finally gonna puke lol. Great job swashplate, bet it takes a good amount of shelf space!

Ohhh you knew! When pax started turning white you knew it wouldn’t be much longer! On our pre-flight safety brief we’d  direct them, if they felt they were getting  sick, to remove their Kevlar, puke in it and take it with!

Ahhh the memories,,,,,,,,,,

Thank you Hooker169. I've always loved the Chinook. Wish I could have flown in one while I was in the service. I want to get Trumpeters 1/35th scale CH-47D some day.  Believe or not Whiskey, it does not take up that much space.  I've tried to be as inventive as I could displaying my models due to my limited space. I read an article in FineScale Modeler about a fellow that converted a closet into his build area. I've converted the closet in our office at home into my build space.https://flic.kr/s/aHskuPGbWz

7 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

Ohhh you knew! When pax started turning white you knew it wouldn’t be much longer! On our pre-flight safety brief we’d  direct them, if they felt they were getting  sick, to remove their Kevlar, puke in it and take it with!

Ahhh the memories,,,,,,,,,,

Fortunately I never chucked up during a flight, I was just enjoying myself too much haha. I will, to this day, never forget my first -47 ride in country back in '05. We flew out of LSA Anaconda heading to our FOB up in Diyala. About 30 minutes into the flight we started taking some small arms fire and the door gunners opened up. There was this guy sitting on the port side and he got so scared he pissed himself. About 4 or 5 of us just couldn't help but laugh our asses off during the rest of the ride.

Swashplate, that is absolutely the dream work space I envision I can finally have once my kids are a bit older so I don't have to worry about them running around the house too much lol! 

Love the work space, Swashplate! As far as the Trump kit, you might need a walk in closet for that one. I’ve been working on one for 12 years, stalled out because of limited space! It needs as much space as the 1/48 B-one. 

When you do finally build it I’m sure it will turn out great as always!

Whiskey, I could go on for hours chatting about the “Hook”, so many good stories! Glad your flight was a remarkable memory of a surely difficult deployment. :cheers: