1) The Model - Airfix 1/72 E-3D converted to an E-8C using the Flightpath conversion set

2) Year/Month started - According to my first build thread it was on July 14, 2016, so one of the later additions to the Shelf

3) When the project stalled and why - I had an issue with the engines, the tailpipes had been over sanded and I was not happy with there shape/condition, then there were some poorly rescribed panel lines and seams that needed correcting. Since the last image in the second build thread, it has had a lick of paint which I was not overly happy about.

4) What is left to do - Check base colour paintwork (again), respray as required.  Finish detail painting - engines, wheels, antennas, and decal it! Maybe some weathering as well if I feel like it.

Current condition photos to follow

On 1/15/2018 at 6:14 PM, Trojan Thunder said:

I had an issue with the engines, the tailpipes had been over sanded and I was not happy with there shape/condition

This is precisely the kind of problem that a good pause can really help. You approach the issue with new ideas and new expectations on how long something will take.

Good luck on the project.

• 2 months later...

Well, I moved it from the shelf, broke the nose gear and then moved it back there.

Yes, I know I should get on with it. In a mojo rut at the moment and not much getting done with any of my current (and past started) builds.

• 2 months later...

Well, I have actually been working on this one the last week. I was not happy with the paint finish and few little things so I have rubbed some of the paint back and filled a few seams that were bugging me. I managed to break off the nose gear leg which will go back on this weekend.

After working on a 1/72 E-3D as well I realise the FLightpath antennas are around double the size of the actual. I am not going to bother replacing them. Hope to repaint and progress this one to finally get it off the bench.

See it is on the bench!

42860226282_1027bb184d_b.jpg

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...