New compressor (hooray) - mismatched hose fittings (boo)

Got a new compressor is the mail this morning, so that was great news.

Not so great, I didn't think to crosscheck the hose fittings with the airbrush I had.

Attached is a pic of my old hose (black and blue) that fits the Badger, and the new (black) hose that fits the compressor but not the airbrush. What adapter is needed to connect the old hose to the compressor?

Thanks

K

FullSizeRender.jpg

4 hours ago, Raceaddict said:

Got a new compressor is the mail this morning, so that was great news.

Not so great, I didn't think to crosscheck the hose fittings with the airbrush I had.

Attached is a pic of my old hose (black and blue) that fits the Badger, and the new (black) hose that fits the compressor but not the airbrush. What adapter is needed to connect the old hose to the compressor?

Thanks

K

FullSizeRender.jpg

Grex AD11, 1/4" Male X 1/8 Male to go New compress to old Badger hose.

OR

AD16 using new hose on new compressor, hose to Badger airbrush adapter

http://www.merriartist.com/Grex-AD11-Adapter-p/grx-ad11.htm

http://www.merriartist.com/Grex-AD16-Adapter-p/grx-ad16.htm

Take your pick.

11 hours ago, 86Sabreboy1 said:

Grex AD11, 1/4" Male X 1/8 Male to go New compress to old Badger hose.

OR

AD16 using new hose on new compressor, hose to Badger airbrush adapter

http://www.merriartist.com/Grex-AD11-Adapter-p/grx-ad11.htm

http://www.merriartist.com/Grex-AD16-Adapter-p/grx-ad16.htm

Take your pick.

Thanks for that. I could picture what I needed.... but didn't know the actual model numbers. Now I just need to find them in Canada for a normal price. Found them both on amazon.ca for $40. :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Raceaddict said:

Thanks for that. I could picture what I needed.... but didn't know the actual model numbers. Now I just need to find them in Canada for a normal price. Found them both on amazon.ca for $40. :rolleyes:

I provided direct links to themerriartist.com. Do they not ship to Canada? Or is the cost of shipping too cost prohibitive??? I honestly don't know so just asking. Grex should have Canadian dealers that carry these adapters as they are pretty common. I don't handle our Canadian accounts specifically otherwise I would find a dealer to make it more convenient for you. If you have trouble finding the adapters please contact me off line and we'll help find a dealer for you.

bryant.dunbar@grexusa.com 

8 minutes ago, 86Sabreboy1 said:

I provided direct links to themerriartist.com. Do they not ship to Canada? Or is the cost of shipping too cost prohibitive??? I honestly don't know so just asking. Grex should have Canadian dealers that carry these adapters as they are pretty common. I don't handle our Canadian accounts specifically otherwise I would find a dealer to make it more convenient for you. If you have trouble finding the adapters please contact me off line and we'll help find a dealer for you.

It works out to $13.50 for shipping a $3.30 part. Not as bad  as the jungle option... I'll go with them if I have to, but I'm thinking a little digging to find something on this side of the border first might save some time and $.

30 minutes ago, Bob Beary said:

If you Google  grexusa  and then go to find a dealer on their site and type in QC (on left side of the page) for your province, two dealers will come up. Jac Hobby has what you need. Both are in Hull and Laval.

Bob

Looks like I know where I'll be going Friday aft.

Thanks Bob.

1 hour ago, Bob Beary said:

I forgot to add this....Jac Hobby in Laval is moving to a different location in Laval. I believe the move dates are Jan 16 and 17 and should be up and running on Jan 18th. Check their website. The new address is listed as ...270 Renaud West,H7M3M1, Laval.

Website is jachobby.com

Bob

Yeah they had the notice right on the header of their site... saw the dates when I checked the site out yesterday. :thumbsup:

Stopped by JacHobby late this afternoon to see about getting the adapter, and despite much of the store having been unpacked, not all of it was... and the airbrush supplies were among what was still in boxes. They told me to come back next week. Thanks, that's ever so helpful. I'm betting if I'd said I was looking to buy an entire airbrush they would have been pretty quick to find those boxes and get them open. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Raceaddict said:

Stopped by JacHobby late this afternoon to see about getting the adapter, and despite much of the store having been unpacked, not all of it was... and the airbrush supplies were among what was still in boxes. They told me to come back next week. Thanks, that's ever so helpful. I'm betting if I'd said I was looking to buy an entire airbrush they would have been pretty quick to find those boxes and get them open. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about that. Agreed, they probably would pull an airbrush out but at least you know they have the adapters or can get them if they don't turn up. At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2018 at 1:41 PM, 86Sabreboy1 said:

Someone here seems to have a question for you based off one of your videos.  Have you seen it?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ33gqNbtt8

On 1/27/2018 at 7:44 PM, FluffyK said:

Someone here seems to have a question for you based off one of your videos.  Have you seen it?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ33gqNbtt8

Thank you for the info. I'd not seen it. The videos unfortunately are not linked directly to me to monitor. I travel extensively and it's difficult to check all the videos we have online. Thank you again and hopefully my response has helped.