H-21 Shawnee "Flying Banana" Blue/White FS number?

In the middle of building the H-21 and have ordered the Caracal decals 48121 to do the USAF 1001 HS, Bolling AFB, 1964 scheme.  Don't have the sheet yet, but was wondering if anyone knew the FS code for the blue bottom half?  Going to do the H-19 as the same squadron, so I need to find/order enough paint for both.

Hi Scott,

Looking forward to see your H-19 and H-21 in presidential colors! Several sources gave the color to be FS15183, which is what I listed on the decal sheet instructions. Please note the VH-19B has the later "cranked" boom and tail which can not be built out of the box using the Revell kit - I included two such options on the decal sheet to provide options to those willing to do a conversion,  even though I am not aware of an existing conversion set. 

Not sure, but almost all Air Force equipment, including vehicles, that was painted blue up through the 70's was done in Strata Blue.  Don't know if this applied to aircraft as well, but I found a source for Strat Blue in a rattle can.  Unfortunately, the oldest T.O. 1-1-4 I have is from 1964 and it does not reference either the FS number or an illustration referencing it.  Hope this helps.

https://quartertonparts.com/product/25045-strata-blue-spray-paint/

47 minutes ago, JRobinsonUSAF said:

Not sure, but almost all Air Force equipment, including vehicles, that was painted blue up through the 70's was done in Strata Blue.  Don't know if this applied to aircraft as well, but I found a source for Strat Blue in a rattle can.  Unfortunately, the oldest T.O. 1-1-4 I have is from 1964 and it does not reference either the FS number or an illustration referencing it.  Hope this helps.

https://quartertonparts.com/product/25045-strata-blue-spray-paint/

Being an Air Force brat from the '70's, ( I even have the "USAF Brat" challenge coin ) I'm very familiar with that shade of blue on vehicles.  Brings back lots of memories of going to work with Dad during the summer. When Dad was stationed at Scott AFB in '66-'69, he had a VW Bug about the same color. Mom used to tease him about driving around his Military issued VW.

Glad to see a name put to it.  We always called it "Air Force Blue". 

But the blue on these helicopters is a much brighter blue by a couple of shades.