Heads up on B-17 Steve

Guest Mustang Fan

I kind of figured the avatar image would make some suspicious and think that I was the same person as B-17steve (I am not) so yes I changed it. Honestly guys I dont know what type of uproar that guy caused but he didnt make things good for guys with the name of Steve Smith which is my name in fact :) :cheers: . To bad there is so many Steve Smith's in this world. So I understand why some would be suspicious. But guys dont compare me to the guy who seem's to have caused Jeff so much grief.

:cheers:

I kind of figured the avatar image would make some suspicious and think that I was the same person as B-17steve (I am not) so yes I changed it. Honestly guys I dont know what type of uproar that guy caused but he didnt make things good for guys with the name of Steve Smith which is my name in fact :) :cheers: . To bad there is so many Steve Smith's in this world. So I understand why some would be suspicious. But guys dont compare me to the guy who seem's to have caused Jeff so much grief.

:cheers:

You have the same name? Wow, what are the chances of that?

That's what must have lured you here to post then, I assume.

Hmm, I guess I need to place a tech support call to Invision Board as my moderator tools seem to be broken.....

So, let's review- he has the exact same name as B-17Steve, his two favourite aircraft are the same as B-17Steve's , he starts off using the same avatar as B-17Steve and, buddy, he writes in the same style as B-17Steve.

The proof is irrefutable. Mustang Fan is NOT B-17Steve- no-one would be stupid enough to make it THAT obvious.

Guest Mustang Fan

So I take it from your comments Ken that you dont want me on this board because I have the same name as B-17steve? And that I like the same aircraft as he does? Ok then so be it Ken consider me NOT being part of this board or this website that I heard so many good things about. Take a look in your phone book Ken and see how many Steve Smith's there are then see if I'm lying. Oh and by the way Terry what cant a person like the B-17 or the P-51 Mustang like someone else does? They just happen to be the two most famous aircraft in the world and loved by millions. But because I have the same likes in an aircraft that the other guy does I guess I AM HIM!!! What ever! Oh I also love the F4U and the Spitfire as well as the B-29 so I must be someone else as well. I guess some of the people on Hyperscale as well as the Jackels were right, but thats another story.

I find and hear about how great this website is and I come on here only to be accused of being someone else? All I can say is ARC lost a model builder when it comes to viewing this site.

So I take it from your comments Ken that you dont want me on this board because I have the same name as B-17steve? And that I like the same aircraft as he does? Ok then so be it Ken consider me NOT being part of this board or this website that I heard so many good things about. Take a look in your phone book Ken and see how many Steve Smith's there are then see if I'm lying. Oh and by the way Terry what cant a person like the B-17 or the P-51 Mustang like someone else does? They just happen to be the two most famous aircraft in the world and loved by millions. But because I have the same likes in an aircraft that the other guy does I guess I AM HIM!!! What ever! Oh I also love the F4U and the Spitfire as well as the B-29 so I must be someone else as well. I guess some of the people on Hyperscale as well as the Jackels were right, but thats another story.

I find and hear about how great this website is and I come on here only to be accused of being someone else? All I can say is ARC lost a model builder when it comes to viewing this site.

Well Mr Mustang Fan...I guess I was too subtle in my postings as I "tried" to give you an out to your charade.....your current IP address under your posts match some under B-17 Steve's.... coincidence? Think not.

And YOU have the stones to accuse ME and ARC of basically being a POS. And don't drag Hyperscale and the Jackals into this.

You come here and insult the intelligence of people....

forgive me if I am wrong, but as a newbie, why home in on this thread out of so many to read?

unusual to say, in the least??

:thumbsup:

MikeJ

Dude, you really might want to take a look into getting some professional help. I'm serious!! After reading all your emails to Jeff and seeing this bogus effort to become a new person....you really need help.

At the very least you should back away from the computer for a while and get some 'real life' social skills going. There's no way you're 33 or 35 or whatever (the math never really did add up).....time to step away from Mom and Dad's internet connection and get a life.

Lyle

You know, a schizophrenic personality disorder would go a long way towards explaining a lot of things...

That's just a general comment, not aimed at anyone (or two) in particular.

:thumbsup:

Ok then so be it Ken consider me NOT being part of this board or this website that I heard so many good things about. Take a look in your phone book Ken and see how many Steve Smith's there are then see if I'm lying. Oh and by the way Terry what cant a person like the B-17 or the P-51 Mustang like someone else does? They just happen to be the two most famous aircraft in the world and loved by millions. But because I have the same likes in an aircraft that the other guy does I guess I AM HIM!!! What ever! Oh I also love the F4U and the Spitfire as well as the B-29 so I must be someone else as well.

So I take it from your comments Ken that you dont want me on this board because I have the same name as B-17steve? And that I like the same aircraft as he does?

Hmmm.....two Steve Smiths with the EXACT SAME IP addresses? That's just a bit more than coincidental. <_>

Don't forget - while you may not be able to see IP addresses, Ken and I can.

I guess I AM HIM!!!

I guess.

I guess some of the people on Hyperscale as well as the Jackels were right, but thats another story.

Now we're going to start trolling for a flame war? Very classy - like Ken said, leave Hyperscale and the Jackals out of this....that comment was totally unnecessary, and serves no other purpose than to incite trouble. I am sick to death of people trying to perpetuate this whole 'us vs them' mentality with Hyperscale, and it stops right here, and right now.

Now....take a step back, think about your actions, and use your head before you decide to post again - or you won't be posting for much longer.

Something for us all to think about....we sure were quick to judge the guy even BEFORE any of us knew he had the same IP as B-17 Steve. All we had to go on was an avatar, and a fairly common one at that.

Not exactly a warm welcome, if you ask me.

But you didn't, so who cares what I think?

Hey Kevin,

Only speaking for myself here.....

I posted a welcome as soon as I saw "Mustang Fan" had joined us.

Then I noticed he went almost immediately to the Bad Trader/B17Steve thread, as though he knew it was there.

In addition, he also made posts on all the threads concerning B-17s.

When his avatar was noticed, he changed it within seconds.

Again, only speaking for myself, but I wasn't the only one who noticed these clues to his real identity. The moderators found that his IP address was the same also.

I do agree that it wasn't the usual welcome, but in this case it wasn't the usual modeler.

Hope things are good with you & yours...take care & happy modeling,

Jim :wave:

WOW you cant get enterainment like this anywhere else....and not pay for it, :lol: ..... you gotta admit if he wasnt such a klutz it wouldnt be so funny. On the other hand I kinda feel sorry for him....but wouldnt trust him as far as I could throw him. :wave:

Well said, greg. :wave: Which brings up yet another point Why waste any more time with this character? :lol: I've got a Tamiya Skyraider that could stand some paint & a dozen Phantoms just waiting for the maestro. ;)

Hope ya'll are doing ok down there...

Take care & happy modeling,

Jim :lol:

WAR EAGLE!

We had a guy like this on another board I frequent (at Macrossworld.com), who went as far as to develop another handle and nominate himself into the good buyer/seller (we call it the "straightshooter list"), and THEN develop a third handle denying any connection whatsoever.

I guess they aren't a one-and-only club anymore... *sigh*

(Trying to keep it light here) :o

Only Steve Smith I have heard of is also known as Red Green.(Canadian comic)

Perhaps some duct tape could come in useful for this situation.

Duct tape covers fingers, holds models together when low on glue, covers mouths.

We're all in this together, keep your stick on the ice. :o

Im a man, but I can change, If I have too, I guess. :thumbsup:

I am sick to death of people trying to perpetuate this whole 'us vs them' mentality with Hyperscale, and it stops right here, and right now.

Thank you Ken and Steve for your work on this board and this thread. Perhaps we should take the advice posted above and make this thread stop here and now.

true if it has taken on a real us vs them mentality..which it hasn't...it has however turned into one of the funniest examples of how a weasel really can't fly with eagles....too bad the weasel had to screw around such a good person...

Alvis 3.1