Bandai's old Schwalg - Dragonar strikes back!

I proudly admit that I am a child of the ‘80s, and that growing up my favourite things were giant robots. It didn’t matter to me if they were Transformers, GoBots or piloted mecha from cool shows like Robotech or Voltron. Big robots = awesome. That’s true math.

Since growing up kinda sucks, I think I decided not to bother, and I still love robots today! However, there’s something about ‘80s robots and ‘80s mech anime that just grab me and won’t let go. The art style, the character designs and the slightly looser constraints on what was allowed in terms of mech design really combine to make an irresistible product.

That’s why I was so excited to not only get to watch Metal Armour Dragonar (albeit with questionable subs), but to get my hands on pretty much every 1/144 kit from the series! The first one I built was the Schwalg, an enemy flying mech known, appropriately, as a Flug Armor.

Check it out, and see why these simple but awesome kits are some of my prized possessions!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/mecha-robots/bandai-1-144-flug-armor-ffa-02-schwalg/

schwalg-2.jpg?w=400

Edited by Faust