Vietnam helicopter pilot from Reedoak

Hi

next new figure is a US Army helicopter pilot during Vietnam war :
here 1/35 and 1/48 scale
26849926_1863498803691425_28093150869913

and here at 1/35 scale with his Huey (model from Patrick Angénieux)
26850421_1862531100454862_14925159006635

26841072_1862531093788196_89372635821906

cheers
Norbert

Very nice.   I’d love to see a seated pilot, helmet off, just killing time before cranking up for the next mission.    Maybe late war, with the chicken plate and mesh survival vest.   That would also get us to the mid-80’s.   

Edited by 11bee

Many thanks guys, was waiting for the new 1/35 Huey from KH for the seated (but I may perhaps better adjust on the 1/48 kit...)

For the good old years in woodland camo, Have to find a helmet to scan, and the uniform. have already the boots, a good start,isn't it ?

cheers

norbert

Just noticed that your pilot isn't armed.   Pretty sure that any Vietnam-era pilot would have a pistol belt with a handgun (.45 or maybe a smaller .38 revolver) and probably a survival knife as well.  Personal weapons were usually kept on your person at all times, not left in the aircraft.    Think these can be added?  If not, no worries, your figure is still amazing.  

Speaking of amazing,  that's a frickin' great looking Huey model.  Got any more pics? 

Who said that rivets on a Huey aren't noticeable?  :)

Here's a few of me back in 1987-88. As you can see, the helmet for the most part stayed the same. The vest is the SRU-21P standard issue survival vest. And I'm wearing the standard flight suit with nomex flight gloves.

39777297082_e7f5d413e4_c.jpg

39777296842_99205db41c_c.jpg

39099182154_7f4f55d1d7_c.jpg

I had alot of hair back then. Any questions, Norbert? Just let me know!

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench
9 hours ago, 11bee said:

Just noticed that your pilot isn't armed.   Pretty sure that any Vietnam-era pilot would have a pistol belt with a handgun (.45 or maybe a smaller .38 revolver) and probably a survival knife as well.  Personal weapons were usually kept on your person at all times, not left in the aircraft.    Think these can be added?  If not, no worries, your figure is still amazing.  

Speaking of amazing,  that's a frickin' great looking Huey model.  Got any more pics? 

Who said that rivets on a Huey aren't noticeable?  :)

From the pictures and footage I studied, not half of the crewmen were carrying a personnal weapon. But we often see M16 and other weapons inside. I even found close to no pictures of pilots with the survival knife (but I found some)

You will get other pictures of the huey with the next figures, and yes, he is awsome. Same modeller that did this model :

saint-41.jpg

Yes, it is a mesh vest. The 6 pocket vest was the style used in Vietnam up until the mid 80's when the vest was reconfigured with the 2 lower left pockets being removed and replaced with a long rectangular pocket that contained the PRC-90 radio. Usually only the pilot's carried them, so I just stuck whatever in that pocket. Under the arm on the left side was a leather holster. Right in front of it was the survival knife and under the right arm was where we kept our pen flares.

Tim