1/48 Kinetic Hornet Nose Fix

Working on the Kinetic model of the 2017 Demo Hornet. Fit of the nose section has been an annoyance for many who have built this kit. I may have a solution. Disclaimer: This is what has worked for me. YMMV Hopefully this helps out with your Kinetic build.

20180117_204934_1.jpg

1. Glue part H31 to the lower fuselage. Assemble parts C14 and O3 (if building a Hornet with the spotlight installed) separately, then attach to lower fuselage as shown.

20180117_205344_1.jpg

2. Attach part C13 (for the CF-18). You can apply extra-thin cement from the inside, just to keep things clean.

20180117_205527_1.jpg

3. Attach part H7 (IFR bay) to the upper fuselage. Then join upper and lower halves. I would recommend you start applying glue at this point.

20180117_214340_1.jpg

Shot of the left side. Seam clean up is going to be minimal and no step!

20180117_214351_1.jpg

A bit of a step on the refuelling door, but nothing major. Again, seam clean up will be minimal and again....no step!

20180117_214402_1.jpg

Shot of the bottom fuselage. Not a lot of seam work will be needed here.

Again, this is what I came up with and what worked for me.  Hopefully it will help with your Kinetic Hornet builds as well.  If you have any feedback, let me know.

Thanks!

NIce tip, thanks.

As an aside, can't you post your small pictures so that clicking on them takes one directly to the larger picture instead of to the postimage hosting site that is filled with questionable ads to Chinese, Ukranian, Asian,  Slavic, etc "Babes"?  I'll do a malware scan after after viewing your links above.

Gene K

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

One word... adblocker.

Yes ... I use the best - AdblockPlus on Chrome. Which magic extension are you using to block the ads on postimage?  (I'll have to check to see if postimage is on the friendly allowed list.:angry:)

Gene K

3 hours ago, Gene K said:

Yes ... I use the best - AdblockPlus on Chrome. Which magic extension are you using to block the ads on postimage?  (I'll have to check to see if postimage is on the friendly allowed list.:angry:)

Gene K

I use Ublock Origin. Used to use AdblockPlus, Ublock works better and uses less resources.

Colin K, sorry for hijacking your thread. I have it saved for future reference when I start my Kinetic Hornets.

Thanks Colin 

yes thr nose of the hornet is a tricky assembly 

as we have consider the possible step that may happen due to the acculative error in the plastic injection. But owning to the variant that we target to cover and IFR, we have to split the part like this. And we have try to avoid the step on the upper surface and make the gun vent as integral part of upper fuselage. 

4 hours ago, Mstor said:

Colin K, sorry for hijacking your thread. 

Sorry you feel that way. Of course I think that this side discussion is appropriate considering potential malware problems posed by Colin's image hosting site. 

Thanks for the advice on Ublock Origin - works great on postimage popups, but I'll avoid that site ... even while having its cookies blocked.

I agree to not comment further. :cheers:

Gene K

14 hours ago, Gene K said:

NIce tip, thanks.

As an aside, can't you post your small pictures so that clicking on them takes one directly to the larger picture instead of to the postimage hosting site that is filled with questionable ads to Chinese, Ukranian, Asian,  Slavic, etc "Babes"?  I'll do a malware scan after after viewing your links above.

Gene K

I didn't see any ads when I clicked on the links and I am not logged in to the website.  However, I'll see if there is another option for displaying photos in the future

• 4 years later...
On 1/21/2018 at 1:14 AM, Colin K said:

Working on the Kinetic model of the 2017 Demo Hornet. Fit of the nose section has been an annoyance for many who have built this kit. I may have a solution. Disclaimer: This is what has worked for me. YMMV Hopefully this helps out with your Kinetic build.

20180117_204934_1.jpg

1. Glue part H31 to the lower fuselage. Assemble parts C14 and O3 (if building a Hornet with the spotlight installed) separately, then attach to lower fuselage as shown.

20180117_205344_1.jpg

2. Attach part C13 (for the CF-18). You can apply extra-thin cement from the inside, just to keep things clean.

20180117_205527_1.jpg

3. Attach part H7 (IFR bay) to the upper fuselage. Then join upper and lower halves. I would recommend you start applying glue at this point.

20180117_214340_1.jpg

Shot of the left side. Seam clean up is going to be minimal and no step!

20180117_214351_1.jpg

A bit of a step on the refuelling door, but nothing major. Again, seam clean up will be minimal and again....no step!

20180117_214402_1.jpg

Shot of the bottom fuselage. Not a lot of seam work will be needed here.

Again, this is what I came up with and what worked for me.  Hopefully it will help with your Kinetic Hornet builds as well.  If you have any feedback, let me know.

Thanks!

Colin, thanks for the procedure. Any chance of refreshing the links, I get a page unavailable message. 

Marc.

10 hours ago, serendip said:

Colin, thanks for the procedure. Any chance of refreshing the links, I get a page unavailable message. 

the hosting site postimg.org no longer exists, and user Colin K has not logged on to ARC in over a year, so I doubt the image links can or will be "refreshed"

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, serendip said:

*Cough* some guy called Dave also promised an instruction to fix the nose but that never transpired unfortunatly.

Thanks,

Marc.

If you're referring to me, yes it did. I just didn't post it here.