HpH 48th scale B-36 Model

Has this kit been released yet, and if so, has anyone seen one???  I've asked HpH to show the clear parts and the decal options back in early Dec 2017 and no response.  Going to their website, there is NO pictures of kit transparencies!!  For this subject, transparencies can be a game killer OR Winner!!  

Show 'em HpH!!  The decals, too!!

Bo

Apparently they started shipping back in December. Here is a link to Britmodeller with info, pictures, and other tidbits you might be interested in (pages 3 and 4):

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010574-148-convair-b-36-peacemaker-fiberglas-kit-by-hph-released/

If you really want one you may want to call them soon and get one before they're gone... if they're not already.

Good luck!

HTH

12 hours ago, Don said:

Apparently they started shipping back in December. Here is a link to Britmodeller with info, pictures, and other tidbits you might be interested in (pages 3 and 4):

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010574-148-convair-b-36-peacemaker-fiberglas-kit-by-hph-released/

If you really want one you may want to call them soon and get one before they're gone... if they're not already.

Good luck!

HTH

Sent them an email and asked to see decals and clear parts.  Hope they respond.

Bo

31 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

Between the Britmodeller thread  listed above and the published instruction manual, you can see the clear bits and decals. 

Finally saw clear parts on Instructions.  Not the best presentation of clear parts I've seen, on white background.  Decals were confusing.  Seems to be missing a sheet or two????  Some markings are paint stencils???

Bo

Finally found place on their website where I could order it, so I did.  After order was finalized, I got email from them advising it was 'OUT OF STOCK' and would take up to 10 months for order to be shipped?????

Hope I'm still alive by then.

Bo

I believe on page-2 of the linked ^^^ Brittmodeler thread you can see a small shot of the canopy with what looks like masking on the frames (from the thread in question):

IMG_6112_1509571433.JPG

From what little I have seen and read it seems to be a quality model kit. Then again it's also around $700 USD...waaaay out of my personal justifiable price range for a static model...so it kind of should be IMO. Bottom line there's not much anyone here can really tell you as nobody here has the kit and likely won't have it anytime soon (if at all). Aside from actually calling them on the phone and speaking with someone or somehow getting in touch with someone in the company via some other means I think you will have to just pony up the gold. There may not be any left anyway so this all may be moot.

Good luck!

Regards.

3 hours ago, Don said:

I believe on page-2 of the linked ^^^ Brittmodeler thread you can see a small shot of the canopy with what looks like masking on the frames (from the thread in question):

IMG_6112_1509571433.JPG

From what little I have seen and read it seems to be a quality model kit. Then again it's also around $700 USD...waaaay out of my personal justifiable price range for a static model...so it kind of should be IMO. Bottom line there's not much anyone here can really tell you as nobody here has the kit and likely won't have it anytime soon (if at all). Aside from actually calling them on the phone and speaking with someone or somehow getting in touch with someone in the company via some other means I think you will have to just pony up the gold. There may not be any left anyway so this all may be moot.

Good luck!

Regards.

Good news. The current price is some 100 Euros lower.  Of course, they're NOT in Stock!! :rolleyes:

Bo 

6 hours ago, Don said:

Bottom line there's not much anyone here can really tell you as nobody here has the kit and likely won't have it anytime soon (if at all).

That is the master, not the completed kit.

And at least one person on Hyperscale has the kit, so by asking on there, could really tell you, about both the decals and the clear parts.

Lastly, it was said from early on that, due to the nature of the product, all orders would essentially be treated as pre-orders and they would ship as and when kits were manufactured.  If you placed one of the first orders, you will get your kit sooner; if you place one of the later orders, you will get your kit later.  So yes, it is not in stock, and if you buy it today, they will ship it when they get to your order number.

2 hours ago, MoFo said:

And at least one person on Hyperscale has the kit, so by asking on there, could really tell you, about both the decals and the clear parts.

Lastly, it was said from early on that, due to the nature of the product, all orders would essentially be treated as pre-orders and they would ship as and when kits were manufactured.  If you placed one of the first orders, you will get your kit sooner; if you place one of the later orders, you will get your kit later.  So yes, it is not in stock, and if you buy it today, they will ship it when they get to your order number.

Good stuff:thumbsup:. But its jabow who wants the kit. Too rich for my blood. I was only trying to help him out.

Regards.

On 1/23/2018 at 4:35 PM, MoFo said:

The somewhat confusing part of all this is the stated fact of producing only 100 kits.  If they were making them as they were ordered, why state that 100 number???

Are you implying they may make MORE than 100 kits???  The kicker is the length of time to make 1 kit???

Bo