1/48 Hasegawa F-16 intakes and exhausts

HI everyone,

We are starting work on Seamless intakes and both GE and PW exhausts for the Tamiya and Kinetic F-16 line of kits.    We need feedback if we need to look at the Hasegawa F-16's too.     Also,   HTS 213 left hand WW pods and right sniper pod pylon set in 1/48 is going into production this week.    

Your feedback on the Hasegawa line would be appreciated.

Thx,

Gary

I definitely see the need for seamless intakes on the Hasegawa kits. Tamiya and Kinetic, not so much.

And , since the Hasegawa and Academy lower fuselage parts are nearly identical in this area, the Academy kit would definitely benefit as well. A Hasegawa inlet is *almost* a drop in on the Academy kit, and a vast improvement over the shape of the Academy inlet.  Ask me how I know.....

1 hour ago, konbini said:

Might have been answered eons ago, but if hasegawa intakes were made, would they fit the jasdf F-2 planes as well?  

Thanks

Aren't Hasegawa 1/48 and possibly 1/72 F-16 a tad more shorter than others?

Luigi

Definitively interested in Hasegawa intakes. I’m not sure if there is a need for full intakes, I would be content with a drop in for the visible part just like they have them now where they stop at the wheel wells. 

On 1/22/2018 at 6:29 AM, konbini said:

Might have been answered eons ago, but if hasegawa intakes were made, would they fit the jasdf F-2 planes as well?  

Not in 48th, I tried test fitting a Hasegawa F-16 inlet on an F-2 kit and it's not even close.  Since the F-2 kit includes a full intake trunk the shape of the lower fuselage piece is radically different.

I believe the F-2 inlet opening shape is different from the F-16 as well but I don't have documentation to support this.

On 1/24/2018 at 10:53 AM, habu2 said:

Not in 48th, I tried test fitting a Hasegawa F-16 inlet on an F-2 kit and it's not even close.  Since the F-2 kit includes a full intake trunk the shape of the lower fuselage piece is radically different.

I believe the F-2 inlet opening shape is different from the F-16 as well but I don't have documentation to support this.

I'm just finishing a Hasegawa F-2A. While having a GE engine, the intake looks more like a small mouth intake (I forget the acronym). Perhaps they designed a larger mouth intake with the small mouth shape? The way the kit intake is engineered looks more like the Tamiya and Kinetic kits with their full trunk intakes.

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

I'm just finishing a Hasegawa F-2A. While having a GE engine, the intake looks more like a small mouth intake (I forget the acronym). Perhaps they designed a larger mouth intake with the small mouth shape? The way the kit intake is engineered looks more like the Tamiya and Kinetic kits with their full trunk intakes.

Your thinking of the NSI outlet. 

Edited by achterkirch
2 hours ago, Mstor said:

There was a larger "small mouth" inlet on one of the F-16XL airframes that looked like an NSI unless you measured it.  It also had an acronym but I don't recall it.  This could be the basis for the F-2 inlet but that's pure speculation.  This is based on past conversations with Mike Valdez, I don't think he posts here any more...