1/48 Hasegawa F-16 intakes and exhausts

OK,  I will add the F-2 to the list.   Hasegawa'a will be a full intake if possible.

AS for the ADF,  Why not do this, Courtesy of Mike @ Cyber modeler:

Swapping parts between the Kinetic F-16AM and F-16DG/DJ Block 40/50, you have many more possibilities:

• F-16A Block 15 (US and European variants)
  • F-16A ADF
  • F-16AM Block 15 (MLU)
  • F-16A Block 20
  • F-16B Block 15 (US and European variants)
  • F-16BM Block 15 (MLU)
  • F-16B Block 20
  • F-16C Block 25/30/32
  • F-16C Block 40/42
  • F-16C Block 40/42 CCIP
  • F-16C Block 50/52
  • F-16C Block 50/52 CCIP (including some export variants)
  • F-16D Block 25/30/32
  • F-16D Block 40/42
  • F-16D Block 40/42 CCIP
  • F-16D Block 50/52
  • F-16D Block 50/52 CCIP (including 

YEs you are buying two kits, but like building another F-16 is a real problem....right!!!

In my opinion?  The Kinetic F-16s are crap!!! Why not work on freshly new resin parts to improve the poor fit and avoid any other set backs that this might have.The panel lines are too deep and not accurate at all. We are lacking on a good ADF conversion with both 1/48 - 1/32, Tamiya and Hasegawa + you could make some good $$$ and keep us modelers all happy with your great resin. 

Ed,

Edited by Ed Rivera

I wish there was an F-16/79 conversion (intake and exhaust) available but accurate dimensional detail is hard to come by and there’s probably not a big enough market to justify the investment. 

I really do appreciate al of the comments and participation.  We take it all seriously when considering new items.   One question I have is what is out there for ADF decals in 1/48?  Is there any one making. a cockpit that represents the ADF config?    It may be something to look at but not any time soon.

Look for the intakes and exhausts in the next six month window, or just after the IPMS. NATS.      I am not going this year so we will be introducing new products through the forums to buy afterwards.

7 hours ago, ghatherly said:

One question I have is what is out there for ADF decals in 1/48?  Is there any one making. a cockpit that represents the ADF config?    

I know Superscale released sheets with at least ten different ADF markings.  There were also several Repliscale sheets with ADF markings.  Yes I know these are all old sheets and may be hard to find.  There may be others...

edit:

Afterburner sheet 48-058 has several ADF jets

Caracal 48-085 has Jordanian ex-ADF jets

Expert Choice sheets 48-18, 48-23 & 48-30 all have ADF jets

Two Bobs 48-219 has an Italian ADF jet w special markings

All ADF airframes (save one) were Block 15 and I believe they were all Block 15 OCU cockpits. Minor diffs in the HUD and UFC, hard to spot in 48th.

Also, many ADF airframes were sold (or leased) on the FMS market after they "retired", notably Jordan, Thailand and Italy, so markings for those users are also an option.  Portugal had new-build Block 15 OCU jets with the tail bulges (but no bird slicers) so while they weren't technically ADF airframes, they are another foreign user option. 

One last note, only the single seaters had the distinctive bulges on the tail base, the two seaters did not have them.

Edited by habu2