what about 1/48 Hasegawa F-16 intakes and exhausts

HI everyone,

We are starting work on Seamless intakes and both GE and PW exhausts for the Tamiya and Kinetic F-16 line of kits.    We need feedback if we need to look at the Hasegawa F-16's too.     Also,   HTS 213 left hand WW pods and right sniper pod pylon set in 1/48 is going into production this week.    

Your feedback on the Hasegawa line would be appreciated.

Thx,

Gary

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.   Look for the intakes this Spring for the 3 brands of F-16 and the F-2.   Will post more info as we get closer.

Hasegawa will be a full intake and a fan if possible, waiting on the kits to start work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2018 at 7:12 AM, ghatherly said:

We need feedback if we need to look at the Hasegawa F-16's too.

Yes, please.  I do have a few Hasegawa F-16C's that I would like to finish this year.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

yes,

Kinetic and Tamiya intakes are still planed, but Hasegawa is not.   To much work to cut up the kit for a full intake trunk and would require a new main wheel well and such.  to much work and to expensive of a set...... Sorry.      If you have a Hasegawa kit build it as is or get a Tamiya.

Demand for the few items we have stocked at SB and being shut down for 8 weeks moving our house and shop to a permanent location have slowed things down with mew products.  Look for them late summer/ Fall time frame.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Yes,  The Tamiya intakes are in the testing stage.  Look three sets,   NSI block 5-32,   NSi Block 42-52 and and PW powered jet with heavyweight main gear,   MCID large intake for Block late black 30-60 GE engined jets.

Kinetic will follow.

As for Hasegawa,  Sell it and get the Tamiya.  IT will be cheaper and give you a better result.

Making an intake for Hasegawa kit is a very expensive and a complicated process the way the current kit is made.    Sorry, but Hasegawa needs to revise that kit to bring up to modern standards.   They provided a full intake with the F-2 kits, so they know what needs tone done

On 12/8/2018 at 8:02 AM, ghatherly said:

Look three sets,   NSI block 5-32,   NSi Block 42-52 and and PW powered jet with heavyweight main gear,   MCID large intake for Block late black 30-60 GE engined jets.

Block 60 is different than 30-40-50.  And some “52+” are different than 42-52. 

On 12/8/2018 at 8:02 AM, ghatherly said:

Kinetic will follow.

As for Hasegawa,  Sell it and get the Tamiya.  IT will be cheaper and give you a better result.

Making an intake for Hasegawa kit is a very expensive and a complicated process the way the current kit is made.    Sorry, but Hasegawa needs to revise that kit to bring up to modern standards.   They provided a full intake with the F-2 kits, so they know what needs tone done

I don’t understand your logic for ignoring the Hasegawa kit. You are ignoring a huge potential market and, looking at their F-2 kit, you know exactly what is needed. Yes it would require cutting the lower fuselage and, to be complete, a new main gear bay.  Hasegawa hasn’t updated their fuselage molds in decades, they aren’t going to do it now. That’s what aftermarket companies call an opportunity. 

Then you say “get the Tamiya” for a better result. I agree with that but then you say “Kinetic will follow”.  Why do a Kinetic intake when getting a Tamiya kit would give you a better result?  I don’t understand your logic. 

Edited by habu2
9 hours ago, habu2 said:

Block 60 is different than 30-40-50.  And some “52+” are different than 42-52. 

Not as far as intakes are concerned that I am aware of.   IF there is a panel line or vent that is different then the modeler will have to make those changes, but as I said I am not aware of any differences in the intakes outside of the NSI vs MCID intakes and the Bulged main gear doors.

9 hours ago, habu2 said:

I don’t understand your logic for ignoring the Hasegawa kit. You are ignoring a huge potential market and, looking at their F-2 kit, you know exactly what is needed. Yes it would require cutting the lower fuselage and, to be complete, a new main gear bay.  Hasegawa hasn’t updated their fuselage molds in decades, they aren’t going to do it now. That’s what aftermarket companies call an opportunity. 

Then you say “get the Tamiya” for a better result. I agree with that but then you say “Kinetic will follow”.  Why do a Kinetic intake when getting a Tamiya kit would give you a better result?  I don’t understand your logic. 

The logic is costs and has nothing to due with Neglect.  Cost to develop the set and cost of the set are the driving force behind the decision.   Since the Hasegawa has no intake and not set up for one,  the entire intake tract, wheel wells and some small parts have to be provided in a conversion and would be expensive.  A Hasegawa Intake kit price would be in the $50-$60 range, and  after spending $60 for the model kit it makes no economic sense  to pursuit a Hasegawa intake conversion.

Yes I am making both Tamiya and Kinetic intakes, with Tamiya ready first then Kinetic.    My suggestion is that if you have a Hasegawa and want a full intake buy the Tamiya as I like it the best and in my opinion is the best 1/48 F-16 Kit.   The Kinetic is also very nice and it offers the two seaters that Tamiya has not produced.

Hope you understand this, and I appreciate the questions.

Merry Christmas.

Edited by ghatherly
  • 1 month later...