F-4 Israeli Peace Jack pic help

Either the old "Replica in Scale" or "Aeroflight" magazine had a several page spread on the F-4E(S) including pics of the cockpits.  I couldn't find any pics online, but will try to dig through my mag stash when I get home.  Chris McKee built one for ARC Air, he may know.

Edited by Dutch
Add link.

I too would like to know more about this elusive F-4E(S) as I once wanted to converted an old Esci kit into one using the Eagle Design (ED) nose.  But somehow the nose doesn't look right as can be seen here on modeler Sentry30's work:

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal7/6301-6400/gal6354-F-4-Obers/04.shtm

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal7/6301-6400/gal6354-F-4-Obers/00.shtm

Anyone has some good line drawings, cockpit shots, etc on this aircraft? Especially interested in line drawings of the camera nose, particularly the bottom part.

I don't even know where to begin to correct the ED nose....

Edited by JackMan

Yeah Dutch, sometimes the old Magazines do get their day, I try to tell her that too often.

I think you would have a pair of Hens teeth there. Any scans would be a big help sir.

And Jackman, I see that is 1/72 (not that there's anything wrong with that) I do have both Cutting Edge nose sets in 1/48 and 1/32.

The best "Walkarounds" of Peace Jack were on the big resource website (sorry, can't recall the name!) but very large closeups except

the cockpit. To my eye, the CE sets have it. I recall there was also something done with the FWD sparrow bays.

Posted March 25, 2016

Smoke Trails vol 15 issue 1 has one of the best articles Ive seen complete with cockpit photos and pictures of the canopy mounted sight, the book Israeli Phantoms vol. 2 by Klein and Aloni has another excellent article. 

Ah!  Smoke Trails!  Not Replica in Scale!  I knew I had seen it, just could not remember the exact name.  My brain has been getting a little foggy of late.  I do have the Aerophile, but again, just have to be able to dig it up.

Edited by Dutch

Hope this helps, did it a number of years ago. Resin nose, no idea who. But it might be in the ARC gallery somewhere. Hard part was the refuelling probe. That is from a Skyhawk and lots of putty.

HoXW1UYLY.jpg

ibFn1HM.jpg

5 hours ago, Dutch said:

I do have the Aerophile, but again, just have to be able to dig it up.

I looked at the Aerophile issue last night. (I have a full set 👍). An excellent article covering HIAC and RF/F-4X development but it predates (foreshadows?) the Peace Jack program. 

It does have a couple of interesting pics of an RF-4C(?) modded by E-Systems but Peace Jack was all General Dynamics and Big Safari IIRC. 

12 hours ago, habu2 said:

I looked at the Aerophile issue last night. (I have a full set 👍). An excellent article covering HIAC and RF/F-4X development but it predates (foreshadows?) the Peace Jack program. 

It does have a couple of interesting pics of an RF-4C(?) modded by E-Systems but Peace Jack was all General Dynamics and Big Safari IIRC. 

@Habu2,  Yes, I found mine last night and spent about 15 minutes thumbing through it.  It only has a couple of F-4E(S) mockup photos on the GD factory floor, taped to one side of an Israeli F-4E.  No cockpit shots.  It also has a photo of a USAF RF-4C with the centerline HIAC pod, but that's it.  The Primeportal site has better walk around photos, though no cockpit photos.  Sorry.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:39 PM, habu2 said:

Habu2,  Right on!  I too have a complete set of Replica in Scale and its follow-on, Aerophile. Best there was (and still is.)  Accuracy was the name of the game for Jon.

phasephantomphixer I scanned the Aerophile Recon Phantom article. Not much on the F-4E(S), but PM me your email address and I'll send it along. 

R/

Dutch

• 4 weeks later...

Guys,

the best source about the F-4E(S) is this.

Both this book and the companion one are better of the Isra ones,with ton of pics,walkaround,drawings and modeller ref about colors,markings etc...

I've both and never,never regrets the money spent!

BTW,the cockpits are pratically the same of a standard F-4E,gunsight included ( remember that the Israeli PhotoRhino usually was armed,even the strategic Peace Jack);the more notably difference is in the WSO office,with the radar scope replaced by a smaller,rectangular one and with a pair of optical sights ( one each side) on the canopy frames to aim the HIAC lenses.

At least by a model point of view...

Gianni

Edited by kurnass77