Trumpeter 1/35th scale Mi-24V Hind-E

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot Hooker169. The paint is Testors Model Master enamels.  I let the paint dry for 24 hours.   I then coated the entire model with Testors Dull coat.  I let it sit for another 24 hours before I did a pin wash on it.  I used lamp black artist oils thinned with mineral spirits.  After the wash was completely dry, I took a clean cotton cloth, with clean mineral spirits, and wiped the excess wash off in the direction of the airflow. 

7 hours ago, Swashplate said:

Thanks a lot Hooker169. The paint is Testors Model Master enamels.  I let the paint dry for 24 hours.   I then coated the entire model with Testors Dull coat.  I let it sit for another 24 hours before I did a pin wash on it.  I used lamp black artist oils thinned with mineral spirits.  After the wash was completely dry, I took a clean cotton cloth, with clean mineral spirits, and wiped the excess wash off in the direction of the airflow. 

I definitely need to try these artist oils, you guys are getting really good results. Are the oils and mineral spirits safe for “future” clear coats?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you AlienFrogModeller. This one was really fun to detail and weather. I’ve still got a ways to go on improving the process. I’ve seen so many models on this site that completely blow my mind on the effect people can get weathering. 

• 3 weeks later...