FB-111a Alert ground equipment ?

I’m considering adding ground equipment to my Pease alert FB but I’m completely unsure of which type to research. I assume there was an air start cart and maybe an external power cart and obviously boarding ladders. My question is what make and model of each would be accurate for a late 80’s FB on alert? 

I’ve searched the interwebs but as elusive pics of actual alert FB’s are, their GSE is even more so.

Thanks in advance 

Hooker,

Not sure if you'll get any info here on ARC but for what it's worth, there are both FB-111 Alumni and F-111 Crew Chiefs pages on FB.  Both are closed (you have to apply to get posting rights) but I've used similar resources for my old AH-6C Littlebird build and you can often get incredible amounts of info from the folks on those pages.   

Give it a shot....

It looks like the Hasegawa Ground crew set A has a dash 60 in it along with some chocks and a fire extinguisher that I can use. I also inquired over on Facebook like 11bee suggested, hopefully someone will chim in.

Dash 60, chocks, ladders sound right to me. At Lakenheath we placed a chock underneath the speed brake (MLG door) so we didn't need to bother with the speed brake collar. A couple of other things you might want to consider:

Under each stabilator, there was a large, shallow pan (about 3' x 5' x 2") underneath the speed bullet fairings in case there was a hydraulic leak. I was on alert once when we had a leak--ruined the whole day as we had to swap out jets.

The was a RBF pin in each pylon. To save time, the pins were inserted in the outboard (hole) on the inboard pylon and the inboard (open door) of the outboard pylon. That way we could run between the fuel tank and weapon to pull the pins, saving a few seconds.

23 minutes ago, mrvark said:

Dash 60, chocks, ladders sound right to me. At Lakenheath we placed a chock underneath the speed brake (MLG door) so we didn't need to bother with the speed brake collar. A couple of other things you might want to consider:

Under each stabilator, there was a large, shallow pan (about 3' x 5' x 2") underneath the speed bullet fairings in case there was a hydraulic leak. I was on alert once when we had a leak--ruined the whole day as we had to swap out jets.

The was a RBF pin in each pylon. To save time, the pins were inserted in the outboard (hole) on the inboard pylon and the inboard (open door) of the outboard pylon. That way we could run between the fuel tank and weapon to pull the pins, saving a few seconds.

Perfect, thanks Jim! That should get me pointed in the right direction.

On a side note, half the fun of modeling for me is the research put into each subject. While poking around I came across a really cool video Jeff Guinn put together of a full sortie at Upper Heyford. Really interesting and I love coming across stuff like that!