1/48 Zoukei Mura HORTEN 229 finished

Hi,

here are pictures of Horten 229 in 1/48 scale. Well, it is not in fact finished, I still need to do some cleaning and add bits and fix some parts. I didn't still add hatches and brakes, since I had an accident with one brake and one hatch leg, so need to fix it.

Upper part is glued but only on some points and very lightly, so it can be removed.

Inner areas are completely engraved since it came with no details.

those wooden planks at the back are scrathcbuilt.

Hope you like it, cheers, Marko

1.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_2534.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

IMG_2587.jpg

Edited by skuki

This is  FAN-TAS-TIK!!

I have been lusting over this detailed kit for a few months and haven't seen one built up ... until NOW!

Have you done any scratch building or is it all the kit ... so far? I especially like the frame work ... Marko, i'm going to be looking at your pix for awhile!

Thanx

Pete

Hi, thanks pete. The kit is stunning. I did add/modify few things. I've opened the hatch over the aux gearbox, to the left of the cockpit, also opened those two tiny oval hatches in front, and those two hatch also, that have covers near them.

I've added  wooden triangle planks, on the rear, as a part of the inner structure. If you are considering to display without one or both engines, you might wanna engrave the lines on the inners side of the fuselage, since it is quite visible.

I've added various wires to the engine and on the frame wortk

This kit is insanely engineered (in a good way :)), very complex, but all you have to do is follow instructions, and don't skip steps, and of chourse double check and dry fit before you glue in place.

Edited by skuki

Very nice work, had something similar in mind... some things that could use some love for the finishing touches: the holes for mounting the engine covers in the hull are missing, the tab for positioning the loose engine could be removed, and some deepened panels to mount te removed panels on... pls see this as constructive comment and not to tear the model down... because when I would achieve half the result with my kit I would be a very, very happy boy...

yeah, you are right I am aware, in fact there are quite a few other things that could use more love, besides the ones you mention. but beside that it was acceptable in my head, as is, that's why I've put it in the display section

the only thing that wasn't acceptable in my head is that tab for loose engine, but I've noticed that too late, after constructing the frame which is very fragile, so I passed. but then again, I tried to justify that to myself by saying that they must had some tab for engine frame, maybe it was just like this one :rolleyes:

thanks all again, glad you like it