Help about 72nd Fitters and Floggers

Hi guys,

I've always loved the Fitters family,beautiful monsters!!!!!

So,after long think if buy or not the Modelsvit series and Inspired by Sebastian Su-17 thread and Harpia Arab Migs books,I've bought both the  Su-20 ( already in my hands) and the Su-7 ( way in) for my Arab-Israeli collection.

So now I've started to collect AM.

For now,I've only a PE set  from NHDetail,in reality destined to the Su-17 but I think will be useful for some details of the Su-20,at least the airbrakes,and think to buy the same producer set for the Su -7.

Next in my list are surely the Master Models pitot/gun barrels and static dischargers

Pavla produced a resin pit for the Su-7 ( and also -17) with a nice seat,but nothing for the Su-20.So,I started wonder ,in this scale and with the great similarity of the two fuselage/NLG bay/pit assemble in both kits,if I can use the Pavla set also in the Su-20.

Finally,I want depict Arab planes during the '60-70's.I've the Lyndenhill sheet for Iraqi birds,but I'll prefer Syrian or Egytian planes;any idea about decals?I don't found of great help my net searches.

Also I think I need also a Mig-23 ( SyAAF),the best choice in 1/72?And AM?

Any help will be more than appreciated.

Gianni

Indeed, hdl makes a bkl/bmk sheet with polish, russian, Afghan, algerian, Syrian and Egyptian decals: 72-042

The initial MiG-23 version top be delivered to arab countries was the MS. The RV kit has also Syrian markings included. I doubt the MS is still in service as it's obsolete compared to the newer ML and MLD versions delivered later tot the mid east... No MF's of i'm correct as i think the MS was a downgraded version from the MF.

Thanks guys,

after reading mirage3 post,I checked on the net and think to buy the RV MS Flogger and Hidecals sheet,plus the relative AM ( resin pit and weapons,ecc...).

Fiddler,the MS is a good choice for me as I want a Flogger of the last 70's-early 80's

Thanks a lot guys!

Gianni

11 hours ago, mirage3 said:

For MiG-23 MS/MF/ML try to find RV Aircraft kits its the best option ( some of them have SyAF decals). For Su-7 HDL (Diego) made nice decals...

-> http://www.hi-decal.eu/3.html

Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) has apparently managed to get a hold of the RV molds and have reboxed some of the MiG-21 and MiG-23 kits with better canopies and different decals.

http://www.kovozavody.cz/kategorie-produktu/kp-172/page/3/