HpH Models 1:48 B-52H Stratofortress - 2019 Release

• 3 weeks later...

I don´t understand why HPH is producing such huge and mega expensive models. They doesn´t fit the show case and cost 4-6 times more than a good 1/32 model. Why HPH don´t continue small jets like his L-39 in 1/32?

It would be good to have a Alpha Jet, Jak-130 or something similar small in 1/32... Or a Su-34...

6 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

If it ever actually makes it to market Ill buy a straw hat just to eat it.

That seems like a foolish bet to make, given HPH's solid track record.  Sanger, I could understand, since that kit took what... 15 years to bring to market?  For HPH though, it'd be more surprising if it didn't get released.

1 hour ago, Tomcatfreak said:

I don´t understand why HPH is producing such huge and mega expensive models. They doesn´t fit the show case and cost 4-6 times more than a good 1/32 model. Why HPH don´t continue small jets like his L-39 in 1/32?

It would be good to have a Alpha Jet, Jak-130 or something similar small in 1/32... Or a Su-34...

I imagine they do it because they make money on it.

And they are amazing. I saw the 1/48 B-36 in the flesh and am so happy someone is making kits like these, even if I could never afford to buy one or display it.

Jon

32 minutes ago, jonbryon said:

I imagine they do it because they make money on it.

And they are amazing. I saw the 1/48 B-36 in the flesh and am so happy someone is making kits like these, even if I could never afford to buy one or display it.

Jon

They are pretty cool eh?  I wish I had more money and could afford them and build an addition to the house so I could build and display one or two (or three). Oh and a few years younger so I'd have the energy to tackle one of those giants. ;-)

Looked at the B-36. VERY Impressive. But even if I was independently wealthy I wouldn't spend $600.00 on a plastic model. In fact....that's why I've stayed out of RC. One crash and there goes a serious car load of $$$$.

Plus...where would I put it? I'm MORE than fine for paying a $100.00 + for a well engineered 72nd BUFF. In fact....I just started on the Monovell BUFF D. It ain't that bad! Building it now.

Edited by pminer

Who would've thought 10 years ago we would have a company doing injection molded 1/32 B-17F/G?

1/48 B-52's, Backfires, Blinders, Bears & Blackjack's would be welcome additions as well (or as long as Trumpeter and HobbyBoss stay away from them). I would love to see a new "Bone" as well.

I'm one of those that bit on both the B-70 and B-36. I have room but not for display purposes. I think the '36 can be finished with removable wings. I haven't studied it that much. It is quite robust; the major airframe components are fiberglass reinforced. It's so heavy, I think I got a hernia carrying it up to my attic! My only complaint about the '36 is that the decal is limited to one H example but aside from that both kits are first rate. My motivation for jumping in is sentimental and stems from seeing the B-70 (number one I think) the day it rolled out at Palmdale. For an 8 year old, it was impressive. After leaving the Air Force I worked for General Dynamics at the "Bomber Plant" and that old featherweight "J" that's out at Pima Co. now sat at the main entrance to the factory. Both were just so iconic and "over the top". I'm so pumped about the B-36, I'm planning a trip to El Paso to climb up the Franklins to the site of a B-36 crash from Dec '57. Parts of it are still up there. 

To pminer's post, I'm just wrapping up the monogram D B-52. It ain't that bad and looks great with SEA camo.

Oh man, the B-70. I think I was about the same age (8 or there abouts). I remember seeing pics and film and just swooning :woot.gif:. It was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. BillS, you HAVE to do a build thread on both those kits.  Plus, I'm sure you could get custom decals or masks done for whatever B-36 you want to do.

Edited by Mstor
  • 2 weeks later...

There might be a clever solution avoiding your partners becoming violent, they already offer some clues: 

Your ideas, opinions and feedback will be truly appreciated.

So parts delivery will work ok I guess. Starting with the engines, some wing parts and don't be the impatient, let the fun take a whole year, who cares.

A rental container for warehousing you can share with your club members.

My parents in law did not get any children, so I'm very happy with this great kit coming to my house some day next year.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan 

On 21/02/2018 at 3:28 PM, mingwin said:

i'm now stacking my money in case they'll do a 1/48 Tu-95M or a 1/48 Tu-160 one day.... (even a 1/48 Tu-22M3 would be amazing...and would oblige me to buy one!)

Many many years ago I was at a model show in Toronto Ontario. Entered the model room and you could see it from the door above everything else. Yes it was a 1/48 Tu-95 Bear in natural metal. The guy had scratch built it. As I said it stood out above everything else because of those tall spindly legs. Pretty impressive and HUGE. This was way way before the 72nd Trumpeter kit. 

About a dozen years ago someone brought a pair of kits to the local Ogden Utah clubs annual show. It was a 1/48th KC-135R refueling a B-52H inflight. I recall that the guy used ID vacs. Now I'm not a particularly huge fan of either aircraft, and would never build one of those HpH monsters, but I must admit, seeing those big jets in 48th scale and built up nicely was quite impressive! The WOW factor was definitely there, and well executed. My hat is off to anyone who tackles one of these giants , and to HpH for having the apples to put them out :thumbsup: Fred K.