HpH Models 1:48 B-52H Stratofortress - 2019 Release

49 minutes ago, f5guy said:

It was a 1/48th KC-135R refueling a B-52H inflight. ... was quite impressive! 

Only if they were mounted via a single post, embedded in the B-52.  :)

(anyone else remember that particular FSM Reader Gallery entry?)

2 hours ago, MoFo said:

Only if they were mounted via a single post, embedded in the B-52.  :)

(anyone else remember that particular FSM Reader Gallery entry?)

Wasn't there a set up like that at one of the IPMS USA conventions? But I seem to recall it was a KC-10 refueling a Buff. I think it was in 1/72nd. One support and some sort of spring steel thing that came through the B-52, through the refuelling boom to the KC-10.

• 1 year later...

holy cow! that is awesome!   The '94 airshow practice crash always disturbs me, was the pilot reckless, crazy or a "Maverick"

Its hard to decide at times to try another scale or same scale for such large aircraft 

didnt they cut up some nuclear capable B-52 for some treaty?

I wish the landing gear was brass to hold up all that weight

Edited by DarkKnight

Does anyone here deal with HpH? God help me, I'm thinking of ordering one of these beasts (with some help from Santa), but their email doesn't seem to work. I don't mind putting down the requested deposit now, but their web-shop wants me to pay for everything in full, and I see no place to inform them that I want the flaps set and bombs too. Anyone have any guesses?

Edited by Specter1075
  • 2 weeks later...

My deposits' been paid. Communication with HpH is disappointing but they are nice enough when they do get around to answering.

I'm doing a '60's SAC bird.

Does anyone know if the modern pylons are the same as or resemble the Hound Dog pylons?

Thanks all,

Marc.

2 hours ago, serendip said:

My deposits' been paid. Communication with HpH is disappointing but they are nice enough when they do get around to answering.

I'm doing a '60's SAC bird.

Does anyone know if the modern pylons are the same as or resemble the Hound Dog pylons?

Thanks all,

Marc.

you realize you’re going to have to rebuild the radome and nose to do an 60’s aircraft?  It’s not just leaving off the evs.

Edited by Corey

I haven't the slightest idea. That's one of the things I've been trying to get answered. Even the guy who commented in this thread from HpH never replied to me. I'm not sure if it's a language thing, but I know absolutely nothing beyond what is written on their website.

21 hours ago, Specter1075 said:

Same boat for me, Marc. I paid but have heard nothing at all. I want the flap and bomb sets that they have planned, but I cant find someone to tell. No one replies. Not sure what to think at this point.

Hi Specter,

Try Katerina (jarombekova@hphmodels.cz), she usually replies after two or three tries and after I pretend to get irritated, but it is annoying.

I guess they're busy with the release.

Good luck,

19 hours ago, Corey said:

you realize you’re going to have to rebuild the radome and nose to do an 60’s aircraft?  It’s not just leaving off the evs.

Thanks Corey,

I kind of realised that - the nose is more B-52Dish right?

Regards,

Marc.

16 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Hey Specter, what the grand total for the kit + flap set + bomb bay + shipment would be?

Each type of additional kit is priced at €75.- which is pretty much on parity with USD.

Fortunately I live in Europe otherwise you may have a tax issue (in a negative sense)

Marc.

On 12/5/2019 at 8:55 PM, Corey said:

Hi Corey,

Actually my impression is the basic shape of the nose remained the same for every H; EVS and other bumps and protrusions were added but the profile was unaltered, first to last H.

I look forward to any feedback on this.