Question: Did the F-15 ever spot D-Day invasion strips?

The real question is why the F-15 is one of the most  boring American jets in terms of special schemes. There are tons of cool F-16 schemes especially in the Guard, but for a jet that’s been in service for so long there is a real lack of interesting paint jobs. Oregon ANG is the only one that comes to mind and it’s a mess.

Well during my 20 on her I was not even able to do nose art of any sort. When I was at Kadens we had to resort to under the speed rake art as to not to offend anyone that tended to visit the flight line. This seemed to be mostly CBPO troops and wives. At Kadena under the speed take we had Budman and one jet had a middle finger extended, there were more ..

at Soesterberg in the Netherlands we had nose art from around 1986-7 till if I'm no mistaken we were deactivated and the base closed.Most aircraft had Wolfhounds in black on the nose,some had a black wolfhound in a circle and the CO aircraft full color wolfhound on the nose. On the tail there was a small crown in the tail stripe because we were under the dutch control.Also had a very nice unit patch on the intake.Don't have a clue how to post pictures otherwise I would.

7 hours ago, Ol Crew Dog said:

Well during my 20 on her I was not even able to do nose art of any sort. When I was at Kadens we had to resort to under the speed rake art as to not to offend anyone that tended to visit the flight line. This seemed to be mostly CBPO troops and wives. At Kadena under the speed take we had Budman and one jet had a middle finger extended, there were more ..

How do the guard guys get away with all those cool tail schemes on their Vipers? Wisconsin, New Mexico and South Dakota in particular have had some really nice designs over the years.  

I have noticed over the past few years that it has gotten to be laxer, even Shady J’s E model have got the fancy scheme. The last time I saw anything close was when I was at the Heath for the 2000 Tiger Meet, we had to change the canopy and speedbrake on the bird all painted up with tiger stripes, nothing prior in active duty though.yes same markings as the promodeler 1/48 E model but with a few minor markings missing from the kit decals. My C model had “ black Magic Women” on the nose gear door and was told to get rid of the airbrush artwork of the half naked brunette before I could get a picture!

Edited by Ol Crew Dog
27 minutes ago, Ol Crew Dog said:

I have noticed over the past few years that it has gotten to be laxer, even Shady J’s E model have got the fancy scheme. The last time I saw anything close was when I was at the Heath for the 2000 Tiger Meet, we had to change the canopy and speedbrake on the bird all painted up with tiger stripes, nothing prior in active duty though.yes same markings as the promodeler 1/48 E model but with a few minor markings missing from the kit decals. My C model had “ black Magic Women” on the nose gear door and was told to get rid of the airbrush artwork of the half naked brunette before I could get a picture!

Isn't the brass embarrassed when all the other NATO member show up to the Tiger Meet looking like straight pimps with all the cool special markings and stripes?  Why are we ok allowing the Greeks and Italians and Poles to show us up? 

25 minutes ago, Vaildog said:

Isn't the brass embarrassed when all the other NATO member show up to the Tiger Meet looking like straight pimps with all the cool special markings and stripes?  

No.  Speaking as somebody that flew the Eagle, I never gave a **** about those schemes, and as a taxpayer I can think of better things to do with the time, money, and effort.  The only thing I cared that got painted on the jet were names for the pilot and maintainers and kill marks.

Regards,

Murph

59 minutes ago, Murph said:

No.  Speaking as somebody that flew the Eagle, I never gave a **** about those schemes, and as a taxpayer I can think of better things to do with the time, money, and effort.  The only thing I cared that got painted on the jet were names for the pilot and maintainers and kill marks.

Regards,

Murph

Of all the things my tax dollars get spent on, kickass jets and cool paint jobs are fine by me.  You must be one of those stick in the mud Academy grads!

8 hours ago, bernie mckenna said:

at Soesterberg in the Netherlands we had nose art from around 1986-7 till if I'm no mistaken we were deactivated and the base closed.Most aircraft had Wolfhounds in black on the nose,some had a black wolfhound in a circle and the CO aircraft full color wolfhound on the nose. On the tail there was a small crown in the tail stripe because we were under the dutch control.Also had a very nice unit patch on the intake.Don't have a clue how to post pictures otherwise I would.

ThT type of marking was not considered nose art, it was just like the eagle in bondage from Langley, shogun from Kadena. All approved by dept of the air force, nose art would be more personalized when placed on the aircraft!

On 1/31/2018 at 10:32 PM, dnl42 said:

Yeah, that Oregon ANG aircraft is the exception that proves the rule for US F-15s. Revell has those markings..

The JASDF has some nice F-15 schemes, ROKAF has at least one too.

The Singaporean ones have some cool ones too:

4763465_orig.jpg

http://miliverse.com/index.html

https://acesflyinghigh.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/img_9497-2-1024x684.jpg

http://www.maphotosg.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/ERK_6055-1024x576.jpg

http://www.maphotosg.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/ERK_6042-1024x576.jpg

http://www.maphotosg.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/ERK_6055-1024x576.jpg

On 1/30/2018 at 3:45 PM, Vaildog said:

How do the guard guys get away with all those cool tail schemes on their Vipers? Wisconsin, New Mexico and South Dakota in particular have had some really nice designs over the years.  

We Create a ANG only paint regulation. That allows us to do special schemes for special occasions, competitions. The only stipulation is that they have to be removed before a "activation" and deployment.