Wow a new 1/48 Pucara from Kientic in 2018

So on The Modelling News today they showed Kentic's 2018 catalogue for the Nuremberg show. In it were a few kits I knew about but did not know anything about the 1/48 Pucara. This is great news as I have always l9ike that aircraft,. As far as I know it is already available in 1/72nd in injection but in 1/48th I think there is a vacuform and a resin kit from an Argentine model company. The Pucara CADs look nice and I am looking forward to it.

Here is the link to The Modelling News site.

http://www.themodellingnews.com/

On 2/2/2018 at 10:07 PM, K5054NZ said:

Super excited to see that Pucara. I'm still working my way through the Special Hobby 1/72 one and wishing I'd waited.

But that is 1/72nd and I hear it is not too bad a kit. I was almost tempted to pick up the 1/48 resin kit but did not have the moula then so glad i waited too.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Got the kit today.  It’s very nice and well detailed, as the sprue shots above show.  Only nits I see with the parts is the lack of weapons, and the instrument dial faces are blank, with no decal instruments provided (the same as in the F-104 kits).  Kinetic does really need to fix their instructions, as they are still the worst part of the kits.  You only get color information for the cockpit, seats, and the main external colors.  No color info for the wheel bays, landing gear (other than to paint the tires black), or props and prop shafts.  Also, the markings drawing for the Uruguayan aircraft is drawn so darkly that it’s very difficult to see the demarcation lines for the upper surface camo.

On 1/21/2021 at 12:32 AM, Dave Williams said:

Got the kit today.  It’s very nice and well detailed, as the sprue shots above show.  Only nits I see with the parts is the lack of weapons, and the instrument dial faces are blank, with no decal instruments provided (the same as in the F-104 kits).  Kinetic does really need to fix their instructions, as they are still the worst part of the kits.  You only get color information for the cockpit, seats, and the main external colors.  No color info for the wheel bays, landing gear (other than to paint the tires black), or props and prop shafts.  Also, the markings drawing for the Uruguayan aircraft is drawn so darkly that it’s very difficult to see the demarcation lines for the upper surface camo.

In this day and age, why would they release instrument panels with no instruments (either molded on or via decals)?  Hand painting isn't an option for me, so if I wanted to purchase this kit, I'd be forced to wait until when / if someone like Eduard releases a PE set for the cockpit.  

Edited by 11bee

Yes, but it's not a KH kit.  It's Kinetic.  🙃

Sure it's a bummer they're not there, but it's a long way from arguing about the pooched F-16 nose, or awful buildability of the Prowlers.  If that's the biggest issue with the Pucara, it's probably worth taking a deep breath to appreciate how far they've come before voicing the complaint.  

On the plus side, Kinetic tend to do subsequent releases, and this is an easy fix, so if they're aware that modellers want instrument decals in the kit, hopefully the next Pucara variant (Falklands war?  Special markings?) will include them.

14 hours ago, MoFo said:

Yes, but it's not a KH kit.  It's Kinetic.  🙃

Sure it's a bummer they're not there, but it's a long way from arguing about the pooched F-16 nose, or awful buildability of the Prowlers.  If that's the biggest issue with the Pucara, it's probably worth taking a deep breath to appreciate how far they've come before voicing the complaint.  

On the plus side, Kinetic tend to do subsequent releases, and this is an easy fix, so if they're aware that modellers want instrument decals in the kit, hopefully the next Pucara variant (Falklands war?  Special markings?) will include them.

Oops, my bad on the manufacturer.  I wasn’t passing judgment on the remainder of the kit, just this one aspect of it.