1/35 Italian Forest bird, part 2.

AgustaBell 412EP, Italian Forestale Corpo.

Dragon UH-1N, 1/35, gets an update to its big brother.

For a while now I’ve wanted to build a AB412, after working on the RAF Griffon’s at RAF Shawbury then meeting up with various AB412’s whilst working in Italy, I’ve held a soft spot for this old timer that’s shown how to adapt without losing its basic appeal.

We all know the Dragon UH-1N, don’t we?? Well for those that don’t it’s a heavy weight in rivets and panel lines, mind you so is the real thing. After digging out my notes I set about looking at what was needed to make the leap from Bell 212 to Bell 412. I did make my first school boy error here. I used the Italeri 412 as my base and went from there, mistake.

After the first knock back I moved on and decided that 3D printing would help me, and so it did. So here is my 412 after the basic 412 conversion and a few extras via diferant Shapeways vendors,

one for the conversion https://www.shapeways.com/product/YRXEFGG24/bell-412-conversion-kit-1-35?optionId=59328741

one for the upturned exhausts https://www.shapeways.com/product/K899H3669/bell-212-412-1-35-bended-exhausts?optionId=64464624&li=marketplace

The decals and high skids came from Heli-scale and without these the whole Forestale project wouldn’t have got off the ground, so many thanks to Bernd for those. One more aircraft of the Forestale is due, the MD500.

Anyway, here are my usual poor photographs.

AB412 5

AB412 4

AB412 2

AB412 3

AB412 1

Thanks for looking..

Edited by Wafu

Very nice.  That came out awesome.  I really like how the Bell-412 looks and have wanted to do one in 1/35 as well.  Great job on the 3-D parts; a bit pricey, but very nice.

Edited by HeavyArty
1 hour ago, salvador001 said:

What a beauty! A 412 in 1/35!!!! Great job on it, love the conversion, i hope to buy it very soon but please, can you make a new nose?? The kit nose is horrible.

Rod.

I know what you mean Rod, not ideal but what can I say. If you do buy the conversion make sure the guy on Shapeways has modified the original. I sent him all the glitches and measurements I found to be slightly out. In addition I've sent more suggestions on how to improve the Rotorhead.

I appriciate it's a tad over what I'd normally pay for a conversion, but I got so far down the line in getting the designer to do it I felt compelled to buy. 

Thanks for the kind comments, motivates me to finish the MD500 of the Forestale.