Weathering over Mr. Paint

Hello, as the title says, a question regarding weathering and Mr. Paint paints. These paints seem to be acrylic lacquers. Can enamel washes etc. be directly used over them, as it would be possible with water-based acrylic paints like Vallejo, Ammo, etc.?

Any help would be appreciated!

I have about a dozen of these MRP paints, with one finished project and another past the painting stage to provide this commentary.  I'm ready to put final clear coat on my P-38G, which was 1st primered with Mr Surfacer 1500 buffed out with 4K and 6K sanding pads.  MRP Yellow Zinc Chromate went down over this, which looked great and needed only minimal buffing before...The OD and Neutral Gray paint which went on very smooth via my Harder & Steenbeck .2 nozzle at about 15psi, taking two thin coats due to the paints sheerness and my wanting to avoid flooding with just one coat.  It dries very quick and seems to grip  well.   Since then I laid down Alclad Aqua Klear before decals and tamiya washes, now I am ready to seal up with final matte coat.   The MRP has taken both the Alclad and some decal fixers (Solvaset, Gunze) without any problems.    I did use AK Interactive Chipping solution on both projects which performed decently over and under MRP.   It seems to be bulletproof to Tamiya wash.

Despite the good performance on the P-38G and the preceeding Revell Gr.1 Tornado (MRP Desert Pink, BEST color match to this elusive tone and the initial reason I choose to experiment with MRP after a debacle with Lifecolor) I'll simply say that it (MRP) it's just not going to dethrone properly thinned Mr Color paints, which I have over 30 completed projects done via with a myriad of weathering techniques and products.  Gunze is, for me the best paint out there and I will take home the one I brung to the dance.   Cheers

12 hours ago, metroman said:

I have about a dozen of these MRP paints, with one finished project and another past the painting stage to provide this commentary.  I'm ready to put final clear coat on my P-38G, which was 1st primered with Mr Surfacer 1500 buffed out with 4K and 6K sanding pads.  MRP Yellow Zinc Chromate went down over this, which looked great and needed only minimal buffing before...The OD and Neutral Gray paint which went on very smooth via my Harder & Steenbeck .2 nozzle at about 15psi, taking two thin coats due to the paints sheerness and my wanting to avoid flooding with just one coat.  It dries very quick and seems to grip  well.   Since then I laid down Alclad Aqua Klear before decals and tamiya washes, now I am ready to seal up with final matte coat.   The MRP has taken both the Alclad and some decal fixers (Solvaset, Gunze) without any problems.    I did use AK Interactive Chipping solution on both projects which performed decently over and under MRP.   It seems to be bulletproof to Tamiya wash.

Despite the good performance on the P-38G and the preceeding Revell Gr.1 Tornado (MRP Desert Pink, BEST color match to this elusive tone and the initial reason I choose to experiment with MRP after a debacle with Lifecolor) I'll simply say that it (MRP) it's just not going to dethrone properly thinned Mr Color paints, which I have over 30 completed projects done via with a myriad of weathering techniques and products.  Gunze is, for me the best paint out there and I will take home the one I brung to the dance.   Cheers

You never answered the OP's question. But, it was a good review of MRP.

These paints are much like Tamiya paints so proceed as you would with them. Just a note I have even intermixed my Tamiya colors and their Lacquer thinner(as well as Mr.Leveling Thinner)with MRP.  Use that info as you wish and proceed from there because your mileage may vary and most importantly remember it :wasntme:  The above post mentioned Tamiya Wash which in case you did not know is Enamel based.

B