Kinetic Canadian Hornet Bug 1/48

Very excited for this release, was there a date for release in 2018? I don't see it on pre-order. I had aftermarket decals for this years ago, but the red never sat properly for me.

Will we see more Canadian Schemes? If I may I would love to see the Millenium Hornet.

I have tonnes of walk around of Canadian air show schemes if you need anything Raymond.

4 minutes ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

There is a new markings release in the Kinetic catalog. The link is credit to The Modelling News site.

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2018/01/kinetic-models-catalogue-for-2018-and.html#more

I missed that. Thanks, I now see what red you were referring to.

Looks like Dave is working further with Kinetic. Decals are printed by Cartograf, but designed by Leading Edge. Good news, I’d like to see the Millineum jet too, that was one of my favorites. I believe it was Dave’s too,  I recall him mentioning how many colors he used in the decals.

I hope all is well with you. 

Very nice choice. That is the 2002 scheme celebrating the 20th anniversary of Canadian Hornet use. Figure by the time we get new fighters we may be celebrating the 60th anniversary.

6 minutes ago, mrvark said:

Has anyone actually built this kit? If so, how difficult was the masking job for the red patterns on top? I've looked around, but haven't found a good description of what's involved.

Are you referring to the build of the Kinetic Kit with the new markings? Not released yet. I have built 5 ( in various stages) of the Kinetic CF188 and one F/A-18C.

I have used the aftermarket decals from years previous on a Hasegawa for a friend build, was good, some issues with the colors on the sheet due to it cracking.

When I painted the yellow/orange fade, the effect was good and painting was simple enough. The instructions on the aftermarket decals had great direction to get the right effect.

25 minutes ago, Scooby said:

I missed that. Thanks, I now see what red you were referring to.

Looks like Dave is working further with Kinetic. Decals are printed by Cartograf, but designed by Leading Edge. Good news, I’d like to see the Millineum jet too, that was one of my favorites. I believe it was Dave’s too,  I recall him mentioning how many colors he used in the decals.

I hope all is well with you. 

Good to hear Dave is helping out. His decals were always the best wrt detail and fit accuracy.

The 75th drove Dave crazy, the Tartan was incredibly difficult.

When the Millenium decals came out, Dave and I discussed whether or not we should have printed the 2000 kids names; he ultimately made the right decision. I would like to see the names in 32 scale tho! But I think we would be off to the looney bin after applying the names.

Things are well, loving the OUTCAN here, thanks for asking. You?

Edited by AlienFrogModeller
Typo

I have built the 150 and used the decals (twice) I find the build harder then Hasegawa and the mose to fusledge weak. Otherwise its a good build. The 150 decals however are a PERFECT fit to the model. BOTH times. Which is good as it IS a hard paint scheme. I mean a PERFECT fit.

K0ka2NJ.jpg

Edited by phantom
17 minutes ago, phantom said:

I have built the 150 and used the decals (twice) I find the build harder then Hasegawa and the mose to fusledge weak. Otherwise its a good build. The 150 decals however are a PERFECT fit to the model. BOTH times. Which is good as it IS a hard paint scheme. I mean a PERFECT fit.

K0ka2NJ.jpg

Nice, good to know, will be starting that one very soon.

9 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

Good to hear Dave is helping out. His decals were always the best wrt detail and fit accuracy.

The 75th drove Dave crazy, the Tartan was incredibly difficult.

When the Millenium decals came out, Dave and I discussed whether or not we should have printed the 2000 kids names; he ultimately made the right decision. I would like to see the names in 32 scale tho! But I think we would be off to the looney bin after applying the names.

Things are well, loving the OUTCAN here, thanks for asking. You?

75th was another of my favorites too. I forgot about the names, yes that would be cool in 1/32.

How long are you down there? I missed you by a few weeks I think, I was with Philips Healthcare and did a bunch of training courses in Atlanta. I’m doing well, I was with Stars Air Ambulance (5 years), then Philips, now Alberta Health Services, in a Diagnostic Imaging position. I really like it, incredible pay.

But honestly I miss the Airforce.

Must be a cool posting, are you attached to a Squadron there?

Posted in last summer, scheduled for three years (I'll prolly ask for an extension).

No attachment, here as the Snr LCMM for the CC177 in the C-17 CPMO. Love working with the RAF/RAAF/NATO, we are referred to as the BACN guys (British Aussie Canadian Nato)