F-4D Phantom #200. Iraq Mig killer. IIAF

As my next Phantom will be number 200 I figure it better be a BIG scale one. So out comes a Tamiya 1/32 kit.

PPoSkcO.jpg

As of now its going to be OOB with aftermarket decals. Still debating if I am going pre 1980 with a smooth nose or post 1980 will the undernose Mods. This one shot down an Iraq Mig 21 in 1980, some sources claim more then one. 

The modifications to back date the Hasegawa D to an early Iranian D.

Saw off the RWR. Insert the C nose pod, then cut it off. Fill that much smaller hole with putty. Using a "J" box nose cone would have been much easier. But then I would have a "J" model with a screwed up looking nosecone.

0qDFP4q.jpg

Edited by phantom

Next coat of paint I am going to do something new. As we all know the Tamiya kit was based off a stricken off airframe with many repair patches. I am NOT going to take those raised patches off. A little artistic license. Iran used the heck out of their airframes and many had battle damage, were repaired and put back into service. Who is to say the Mig killer D did not have these repairs too?

A little primer over those patches coming up.........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...