New in 2018 from Italeri: new 1/48 Helicopters

The AH-1Z doesn't look promising. No where does it say that it is a new tool, or updated tool. That could indicate that is simply their previously released AH-1Z which was nothing more than the AH-1W kit with a new sprue of 'Z' parts, none of which were accurate for a production Zulu.

Guess all Italeri releases for 2018 are rereleases of their own or other manufacturers' kits. But hey: some new releases anyway. From what I see from the big model kit manufacturers until now, 2018 doesn't look too promising for us helicopter modellers...:crying:

Anyway, eagerly awaiting the Italeri 1:48 AB206, which is a rebox of the venerable Esci- kit.

Edited by GeejeeZ
On 2/5/2018 at 1:33 PM, Dave Roof said:

The AH-1Z doesn't look promising. No where does it say that it is a new tool, or updated tool. That could indicate that is simply their previously released AH-1Z which was nothing more than the AH-1W kit with a new sprue of 'Z' parts, none of which were accurate for a production Zulu.

I would not doubt that Italeri is going to re-release their previous version of that kit, however if they do they are going to be looking at a lot of trouble as the picture provided in that preview is a production Zulu.

On ‎7‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:23 AM, GeejeeZ said:

Anyway, eagerly awaiting the Italeri 1:48 AB206, which is a rebox of the venerable Esci- kit.

Me too...especially as it was in last year's catalogue...

On 08/02/2018 at 5:06 PM, jefropas said:

We need that new CH-47 to be modified to a MH-47....big time...

Jeff

Yeah need mods for that as well as the CH-47F/G. Going to have to wait on an AM co. To do it I suppose.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, salvador001 said:

Guys, anyone has already the CH-47F kit?? I want to know if It comes with the new supressor exhausts and all the sensors, flare launchers,etc.

Thanks. 

Rod.

I just ordered one today, I'll let you know for sure when it comes in.

On 4/12/2018 at 11:15 AM, Hooker169 said:

I just ordered one today, I'll let you know for sure when it comes in.

I tried to order one from Scale Hobbyist but my payment got refunded as they were out of stock can’t find any from the usual stateside sources.

On 4/3/2018 at 4:37 PM, salvador001 said:

Guys, anyone has already the CH-47F kit?? I want to know if It comes with the new supressor exhausts and all the sensors, flare launchers,etc.

Thanks. 

Rod.

I just received mine today. It seems they have all the original sprues and included 2 new sprues with F parts. The kit seems to contain everything needed to build a C, D or F and also all the coresponding British models. 

1 hour ago, Hooker169 said:

I just received mine today. It seems they have all the original sprues and included 2 new sprues with F parts. The kit seems to contain everything needed to build a C, D or F and also all the coresponding British models. 

Does that include all the ASE bits Rod mentioned above?   

I’m not real familiar with the F model or it’s ASE, I’m a D model guy but here are some pics of what’s in the kit.

Version B is for the F model and versions A and C are for the British and JDF respectively. Also, parts F-11, 25 and 26 are the new -714 exhausts.

0YqkM7.jpgnIEAsW.jpgradRlh.jpgW5Alsi.jpgDHEyg4.jpg

Edited by Hooker169
spelling

The same issues which plagued the 1/72 kit continue with this upscaled boxing. From missing air vents on the forward pylon to the incorrect vented hydraulic compartments (C model only) on either side of the aft pylon. To missing EAPS rails and the super overdone panel lines aft pylon work platforms.

I’m by no means a rivet counter but all those items add up in the end so I’ll  have to fix those.

Oh, and the instructions color call-outs for the interior are completely fictitious for a D or F model so check your references or with someone on here. 

Having said that, it’s still a really nice kit and should build up into a good looking  ‘Hook’. This one might get started pretty soon!

Speaking of EAPS,,,,,,,,,

https://www.shapeways.com/product/LZKCDFMQV/chinook-sand-filter-1-48?optionId=59949948&li=marketplace

Edited by Hooker169
5 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

The same guy does them in 1/72 too. I just picked up a set for a Canadian D in Afghanistan and they look pretty good though pretty small, especially for the    6 inch square box they came in........

Edited by RCAFFAN