Hi Friends,

I once bought a bunch of old  models to use them for spare parts and - forgot them mostly. Last summer I found a case with these parts:

001.jpg

In a moment of euphoria I decided to build an Apollo 13 full stack out of this by scratching all the missing parts: no aftermarket, no parts of other (Revell Apollo) Kits.

This is my result:

192.jpg

188.jpg

190.jpg

191.jpg

Ok - the decals are those of spacemodelsystems, but I had them in stash and didn't buy them for this project.

Sorry for the poor pictures, there was no sunshine for weeks here...:angry:

If you are interested in the story of building it, look HERE (modellboard.net, website in german!).

Hope you like it!

Ralf

Edited by Ralf Spacenut
Syntax error

Yup ... I like it!   :thumbsup:

Looking at your build thread, I caught myself smiling a lot! To see all the scratch building you did, for the Radiators on the SM, for the High Gain Antenna, the RCS thrusters, the Fuel Cells in the damaged SM and so much more, made me smile. To me, this is the fun of Modelling ...to take some old parts and with just a few items, wire, window screen ... you make an excellent model!

And you built it up so quickly too!

Thanx Ralf!

Pete

Making someone smile is more than I expected! :thumbsup2:

I'm on your side - modelling this way is the most fun. It changes the way you look at ordinary things! I have always in my mind: "Maybe I can use it for my project?"

And the output is always unique!

Ralf :wave: