One of the things I miss about flying

Me too, I was a passenger not a pilot though. I DON'T miss

the airport hassle or stupid people though, especially the stewardesses

that let teenage rich brats throw popcorn and nuts across the aisle at each

other, worst Southwest flight EVER!!!!---John

Agreed - seen a lot of similar sights, Mother Nature is quite the cook!!!!

There's nothing like taking off and getting to altitude and watching all the lightning in the clouds ahead, above and below our flight altitude!! Knowing we could not climb over that stuff (in F-5B) and flying under it, totally not smart and as we turned to RTB, realising the met report was pretty much bogus as that flashy crap was not reported!!!!  Oh well......

Oh man...you ain't kidding. Flew on P-3Cs, Flight Engineer...best seat in the house! And out of Maine to boot. We'd take the plane and just go sightseeing along the coast, low and slow, nothing beat the fall season up through there.

On 2/6/2018 at 8:48 AM, Ben Brown said:

One the many, many things I miss about flying is the view: LINK

Hi Ben,

Due to the "Midway Airlines" graphic under your name, presumably (I've been wrong before...) you flew for Midway. If so, which aircraft did you fly?

Tom

11 hours ago, taneal1 said:

Hi Ben,

Due to the "Midway Airlines" graphic under your name, presumably (I've been wrong before...) you flew for Midway. If so, which aircraft did you fly?

Tom

Hi Tom,

Yes, was with the them for 5 years. I delayed moving up from the CRJ, because I could get schedules with nothing but day trips, so I could be home with my family almost every night. I was scheduled to move to the 737 in fall 2001, but Midway's bankruptcy, post-9/11 shutdown, and their eventual switch to an all-CRJ fleet as a US Airways commuter, took care of that. 

Cheers!

Ben

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the late reply -- my email's been screwed up, so I missed your reply.
I hear you regarding scheduling. I stayed on the 727 for a LONG time because I could hold a schedule with back-to-back layovers in Orlando where I live. 

Sorry to hear you never got to fly the 73, but really, a jet's a jet, so you it wouldn't have been much of a difference after you'd flown it a while. Did you retire flying the CRJ for Midway operating as a US Air commuter?

Tom

Hi Tom,

I went down with the ship at Midway, when they finally went under in 2003. I'd already spent 20 years in aviation by then and decided I'd go find something else to do. I never found anything I enjoyed as much as flying, but I recently retired, so all is finally well. :thumbsup:

Ben