The Air National Guard seems to be making some serious investments in their F-15 Eagle force (unlike the active duty folks).   Looks like they are going to be fielding conformal fuel tanks and adapters to permit more AMRAAMs to be carried.

More info here.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/18259/its-back-to-the-future-for-u-s-f-15c-eagles-and-conformal-fuel-tanks

Don't understand this, as adding CFT's don't allow extra AIM-120's to be carried - the F-15 already can carry 4 on the belly and 4 on the wing stations. (Or a mix of Aim-9's and Aim-120's on wing stations with up to 4 Aim-7/120's on the belly stations) 
Since the ANG Eagles from what I know isn't going to be going A2G anytime soon, the only benefit of these CFT's would be the extra fuel, but would think that the original CFT's would be better in this respect due to lower weight (ie without the additional unused pylons)? 

53 minutes ago, Niels said:

Don't understand this, as adding CFT's don't allow extra AIM-120's to be carried - the F-15 already can carry 4 on the belly and 4 on the wing stations. (Or a mix of Aim-9's and Aim-120's on wing stations with up to 4 Aim-7/120's on the belly stations) 
Since the ANG Eagles from what I know isn't going to be going A2G anytime soon, the only benefit of these CFT's would be the extra fuel, but would think that the original CFT's would be better in this respect due to lower weight (ie without the additional unused pylons)? 

I think the extra missles are going on the wing stations where the drop tanks normally go.  So because of that, they added CFT’s to compensate for the loss of those tanks on the wings.  

The picture in this article shows it the best

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2015-09-22/boeing-proposes-new-life-lethality-f-15c-fighter

This is strangely super-exciting! I have been planning for an Oregon ANG F-15E in Mod Eagle scheme using the Revell's SE. A whiffer. But this gets that plan one step closer to reality.

Btw, Ol Crew, were those CFT Eagles in the Ghost scheme? I saw a few pics on the net, but not many. I am particularly interested in C/D in Mod Eagle with CFT. Do they exist?