Best B-58 Reference Books

Good morning all, 

Looking for a good reference on the B-58 - I've seen a few books on eBay and Amazon but I want to make sure I purchase the right one/ones. 

I'd one that provides good photos of interior details like cockpits, bays, gear - preferably in color as well as color profiles of markings/in-action photos if possible. 

Any help appreciated! 

Thanks, 

Anthony 

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

The definitive Hustler reference book is the the Aerofax book by Jay Miller.

https://www.amazon.com/Convair-B-58-Aerograph-Jay-Miller/dp/0942548264/

Schiffer has a Hustler book but it suffers from both inaccurate captions and poor printing / color reproduction.

Good color pics? Interior details? 

-Anthony 

You might also want to look for Bunrindo's Famous Airplanes of the World #64 on the B-58.  Eight pages of color, lots of b&w detail photos, 3-view plans and cutaways - but all the text is in Japanese.  That would be in addition to the Aerofax title, not in place of it.

International Air Power Review vol 2 had a pretty good article on the B-58. ~35 pages with lots of color shots, only a few detail shots.

Full disclosure: Jay Miller is a personal friend of mine, but my recommendation of his book is completely objective.  It is the definitive history of the entire B-58 program.  Jay is an incredible Hustler fan, when I first met him he had a B-58 ejection capsule in his garage!

Edited by habu2
11 hours ago, habu2 said:

You might also want to look for Bunrindo's Famous Airplanes of the World #64 on the B-58.  Eight pages of color, lots of b&w detail photos, 3-view plans and cutaways - but all the text is in Japanese.  That would be in addition to the Aerofax title, not in place of it.

International Air Power Review vol 2 had a pretty good article on the B-58. ~35 pages with lots of color shots, only a few detail shots.

Full disclosure: Jay Miller is a personal friend of mine, but my recommendation of his book is completely objective.  It is the definitive history of the entire B-58 program.  Jay is an incredible Hustler fan, when I first met him he had a B-58 ejection capsule in his garage!

Good enough for me! 

I'll order that, thanks! 

-Anthony 

+1 for Jay Miller's book. I don't have the Schiffer title, so i cannot comment on it.

The Squadron In Action title by David Doyle is frankly a disappointment. Very little in that book that isn't already covered in Miller's title. Only way it could be made better, would be to convert it to e-Book format, which would allow even MORE information to be included.

-d-