some more F-35A help Please

On 2/26/2018 at 11:21 AM, Mstor said:

Tis true. As I said in one of the other posts, we need someone who has actually eyeballed on of these new schemes or has intimate knowledge of the actual process being used (I know, not likely and they probably wouldn't be able to talk about it anyway).

My son is one of them,he's a Low Observable tech with the 419th at Hill AFB. He says there is a very minor color variation on the newer jets but not as stark as the older ones. All the 34th jets have the older RAM sealant/paint,a few only with the 4th and the 421st should have only have the new coatings. IIRC what told me,the sealant is the same but newer batches are now blended to match the overall paint. On the newer jets,the sealant still stands out on the rear underneath aft of the weapons bay/gear bay to the exhaust.

Right now,the best bet is to go by pics released by units since its tough to get pics on the flight line even thru official sources,they are stickler on having electronic devices in work areas and the flight line.

I'm just starting my Meng F-35A and using my son's guidance on a few things but the majority of the references are DoD/USAF/Lockheed high res pics.I hopefully should have it done by the time when the aftermarket companies kick out a Hill F-35A sheet.

This may help out a bit, the 4th FS is going through a Combat Capabilities Exercise and the 388th posted some good pictures, including some pictures showing wing weapons pylons.

http://www.388fw.acc.af.mil/News/Article/1461783/f-35a-pilots-and-maintainers-conduct-combat-capabilities-exercise/

I was out on the ramp last weekend and it's starting to fill up with F-35s. It will get real full when the 34th comes back from their deployment.

Edited by Falcon053
9 hours ago, ThePhantomTwo said:

My son is one of them,he's a Low Observable tech with the 419th at Hill AFB. He says there is a very minor color variation on the newer jets but not as stark as the older ones. All the 34th jets have the older RAM sealant/paint,a few only with the 4th and the 421st should have only have the new coatings. IIRC what told me,the sealant is the same but newer batches are now blended to match the overall paint. On the newer jets,the sealant still stands out on the rear underneath aft of the weapons bay/gear bay to the exhaust.

Right now,the best bet is to go by pics released by units since its tough to get pics on the flight line even thru official sources,they are stickler on having electronic devices in work areas and the flight line.

I'm just starting my Meng F-35A and using my son's guidance on a few things but the majority of the references are DoD/USAF/Lockheed high res pics.I hopefully should have it done by the time when the aftermarket companies kick out a Hill F-35A sheet.

This is great info. In the pics Falcon053 just posed the link for you can definitely the faint differences in the new tape color and the areas on the rear underneath that look pretty much like the old tape.

1 hour ago, Falcon053 said:

This may help out a bit, the 4th FS is going through a Combat Capabilities Exercise and the 388th posted some good pictures, including some pictures showing wing weapons pylons.

http://www.388fw.acc.af.mil/News/Article/1461783/f-35a-pilots-and-maintainers-conduct-combat-capabilities-exercise/

I was out on the ramp last weekend and it's starting to fill up with F-35s. It will get real full when the 34th comes back from their deployment.

Great find! The high res versions of those pics are great and show what ThePhantomTwo posted.