If factual that is very interesting. I'm curious to see the S-300 or S-400 put into action. Of course the amount of information that would be made available afterwards would most likely be quite scant.

There is so much disinformation (dezinformatsiya) online nowadays I always take it with a grain of salt. This is especially true after the troll farms came to be.

Just now, scotthldr said:

Is the AGM-88 the only weapon capable of taking out a SAM system?

My comment was tongue in cheek, based on an earlier post.  

By by all accounts, Israel has some pretty impressive (and unique) ways of conducting SAM suppression.   

From various claims, it seems most of the successful intercepts in Syria (many UAVs, a number of Grad rockets and even the RF-4E of the Turkish Air Force that was shot down in 2012), was the work of Pantsir-S1 systems. I believe the Russians also use Pantsir to protect their S-400 systems, as Pantsir was apparently specifically designed to counter various guided weapons, including HARM missiles. Of course, the effectiveness of that system may be exaggerated by the Russians, but some of the UAE military people that I spoke to also spoke with much praise about their own experience with Pantsir. I don't think anyone has really seriously gone after these modern systems yet (Pantsir, S-300, S-400, etc.) - at least, I'm not aware of any that have been destroyed to date except one claim of an Israeli strike that hit a warehouse storing some S-300 systems, so they do remain a bit of an enigma for now.

If the target was 200 Km inside Syria and the weapon was fired from Israeli airspace - do the math and tell me what the weapon of choice was. 

Hint - it wasn’t an AGM-88.   Or the above story is inaccurate.  Pick one. 

Edited by habu2

According to official investigation-the pilot failed to implement evasive action persuading mission completion

As a retaliate IAF immidiately attacked the SAM sites and destroyed 3 of them(no info as to what exactly was destroyed)

http://www.janes.com/article/78192/israeli-investigation-blames-aircrew-of-downed-f-16

For standoff launches there are the Popeye and Delilah missiles,more than enough

Regarding the Shrike,not sure if used now,was up untill 80ties

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1878040865752603&set=gm.449625708709652&type=3&theater&ifg=1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1865093007047389&set=gm.434769193528637&type=3&theater&ifg=1