F-18A+ Splinter Aggressor

After loosing my collection of Aggressors due to a display case accident , i decided to start a new series of modern aggressors in splinter camouflage.

Starting with this one, Hasegawa 1/48 F-18, OOB built and Furbal's decals and many  tamiya's tape rolls.

Jorge Oppenheimer

_MG_2199_zps8shhtlhg.jpg

_MG_2222_zpsdvohekro.jpg

_MG_2209_zps2idhqzes.jpg

_MG_2204_zpsqyqg3ck2.jpg

_MG_2226_zpsvofhs42k.jpg

some detail of the top weathering

_MG_2212_zpsmaja7qgz.jpg

_MG_2219_zpsinlgtokb.jpg

_MG_2213_zpsjqwbphxr.jpg

_MG_2232_zpsl4bfqkdp.jpg

_MG_2233_zpszlup4ime.jpg

2 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

NOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steel Beach makes a mask set for that scheme that could have saved you some time. I know, it's a little late to tell you. :crying:

Darren, i know about the masks, but at the end with tamiya tape you get the same result and cheaper :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, k5ikl said:

Really nice job.  Love the scheme.  How is your eyesight now?

thanks, my eyes are square after it was done t,but kind of like it, right know i am working on another splinter plane

Edited by oppenheimerj
19 hours ago, oppenheimerj said:

Darren, i know about the masks, but at the end with tamiya tape you get the same result and cheaper :rolleyes:

thanks, my eyes are square after it was done t,but kind of like it, right know i am working on another splinter plane

I have a friend who always says you pay for something in two ways...time and money. I've always felt  time was more valuable. I wish I could bring the cost of the masks down, but I don't cut them myself. I only make about $5/set. I've thought about looking into getting a cutter, but I'm having trouble keeping up with the resin side of things, so I think I'll let the vinyl side die out when all the stock is gone.

13 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

I have a friend who always says you pay for something in two ways...time and money. I've always felt  time was more valuable. I wish I could bring the cost of the masks down, but I don't cut them myself. I only make about $5/set. I've thought about looking into getting a cutter, but I'm having trouble keeping up with the resin side of things, so I think I'll let the vinyl side die out when all the stock is gone.

Darren, i have bought plenty of your stuff, they are excellent products, if i have to use masks i prefer to use the ones made with Kabuki tape rather than vinyl mask, the vinyl masks always shrink in time.

On 2/14/2018 at 5:25 PM, Darren Roberts said:

NOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steel Beach makes a mask set for that scheme that could have saved you some time. I know, it's a little late to tell you. :crying:

I m looking to build this plane with this scheme and will buy Steel Beach templates. 

I too was intending to build Jorge's way of cutting my own masks using Tamiya tape. 

What an excellent build Jorge. As always, you set the benchmark. 

6 hours ago, oppenheimerj said:

Darren, i have bought plenty of your stuff, they are excellent products, if i have to use masks i prefer to use the ones made with Kabuki tape rather than vinyl mask, the vinyl masks always shrink in time.

That's the other reason I'm going to let the mask side of the business die off. There are so many other companies coming out with Kabuki tape mask sets that do it cheaper.