Can anyone comment on the 1/350 Micro-Mir Sub kits?

Brad,

They are typically short run - heavy sprue gates - but with minimal flash.

Fit of parts is good - but with a seam on most models between upper/lower, left/right hull halves - nothing worse than any other kit.

They have a growing range of subjects not tackled by other manufacturers and are the way to go if you want to build a collection.

I've built most of their range - and converted a couple - see here :- http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/model_submarines_350_scale.html

You will have to pick out which are MM kits from the list - but here's HMS K-15 :- http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/model_submarines_350_scale.html#HMS_K-15

Hope this helps

Ken

Thanks Ken,

I have built quite a few of the Hobby Boss submarine kits, and I agree that Micro-Mir has a more broader selection. I am retired Royal Canadian Navy and a Sonar Operator, so I enjoy submarines. I just finished the HB 688 3-1 kit, and wish to build a Sturgeon now, so that's why I asked about their kits. I also got the Riich DSRV kit, but really disappointed that it doesn't include the multitude of decal markings for the real thing.

Thanks for the reply and the links.

Brad

Edited by Brad-M
11 hours ago, Brad-M said:

I also got the Riich DSRV kit, but really disappointed that it doesn't include the multitude of decal markings for the real thing.

Agree about the DSRV kit - small and fiddly - but lacking a good set of decals.

I modified mine to fit on the stern of my USS Seawolf ('converted' from two MM Nautilus kits).....

350_USS%20Seawolf%20SSN-575_26.jpg

I'm going to use the second DSRV to go on the stern of a UK SSBN.

Ken

I know Ken has already responded and he is certainly the expert in the area, but I just wanted to come in with another positive statement. I absolutely love these kits. Yes, they have some short-run "issues", but the choices are awesome. I check the site every few days looking to see if there is a new kit out so I can go buy it.

Dave