1/35 Italian Forest bird, part 3.

Hi all.

Please find my 1/35 Dragon MD500 from the Italian Forestale Corpo, this Government organisation has now been incorporated into the Police and so it seemed fitting for me to model a group of aircraft I used to see on a daily basis when I was working in Italy.

The kits is fairly straight forward but I did get the Eduard set for the OH-6 just to jolly it up a little. The decals are from a great guy in Germany, Heli Scale Quality's Bernd is a guy who produces markings for flying models, just so happens his stuff is in 1/35 and even if you can't see what you want, he'll try to help. Bernd's high skids are a real treat as well.

Anyway, hope you like my latest model of the Forestale?

IMG_2863

IMG_2865

IMG_2864

IMG_2862

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Wafu
11 hours ago, Tank said:

Good job. A nice bird to have in the fleet. What is next?

Thanks for the kind words.

Tank, I'm looking at modelling the C-64, Sky Crane in 1/35, yeah, 1/35, Part 4 of my Forestale builds. Unfortunately it's proving a uphill slog to find plans or any tech information to build the airframe. My only option so far is to up scale the Revell kit, what could go wrong???

Edited by Wafu

I did an Italian Customs machine once in 1/72 using the Ital. kit and it has similar green pinstriping (on a yellow body). Fortunately I had several kits as there just wasn't enough striping on a single decal sheet. You also had to find a green paint for much of the body (similar to Wafu's scheme above) that matched the decals so Wafu's masking is probably easier, but maybe not in 1/72.....   great model Wafu by the way.....

Edited by RCAFFAN