Hind 1:48 revell

WWP Hind in detail need!!!! in any form please contact me in p.m.

Hello everyone waiting for the temperature to get up to take advantage of my laboratory strictly NOT heated and finish theAccurate Miniatures Dauntless, I carry on with the new PROJECT:make the kit of the revel presentable, but for this I have to do a job not indifferent with the pc and Rhino.
Let me explain the hind is substantially an A10 with rotor instead of the wings and as seen from the photos around the network is a single rivet, overlapping plates etc. that is how much less flux at the aeronautical level there is.
The kit is affected by its age and is the typical monogram of the 80/90 : inaccurate, in a positive and rather naive as regards the paneling, is also symmetrical thing that in reality it is not, it is higher and shorter than thoe original so I will have to cut, lengthen and inbananare, redo all the paneling and riveting, since we have redoed the turbine area and put back to the cargo area ... in short, spartacus's job: simple simple
As I said before the first part is to reproduce the correct shapes in 3D with Rhino (I use this cad because it works with surfaces and not in polygonal solids or a solid like a cube is seen as the union of 6 faces that can be then develop and this I need to have the flat panels to cut out with the plotter and then glue the sheet of adhesive aluminum onto the model.)
for this purpose I'm collecting tons of photos on the net, buying books, etc.
Obviously this part of design deviates a lot from the usual way of modeling but let me know if you are interested and maybe I share with you the various phases of "virtual modeling".
At this stage all the help you can offer me is more than welcome, I'm looking for the wwp dedicated to this helicopter and if any of you could share it I do holy .
For now I have the volume of 4+ pubblication and the mushroom Pubblication book is coming.

The classic photo of the box art of the model

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

This is the difference in length between the model's tailue and the reference (I will use the CMK upgrade set which should solve this problem)

Here instead we note that the height of the body is greater in the kit than the drawings, I will have to redo this whole section as the doors are 3mm taller

The root of the tail is too wide, I will have to cut it lugitudinally, to support a central slice and re-paste the whole

Another big problem is the symmetry, the tail bends a few degrees, while in the kit is perfectly aligned, here too there will be to arrange the tail section and the collector area

I cut the sections and glued on a cardboard to get a template and realize the changes to be made to the model as you can see there will be a lot of work ... but then if I do not become crazy that taste there would be?

to be continue....
Edited by spartacus

You might want to purchase the Zvesda/Revell 1/72 kit as reference material. Personally I would just build it than mess with the Monogram/Revell but if you have to do it in 1/48 I guess it is the only starting point....

By the way, is the tail really off or is it the fact that the body is wrong (not twisted) such that lining the body up with drawings puts the tail off?

Picture showing "twist":01.jpg

Edited by RCAFFAN

if I understand correctly you want to know if the directionality of the tail is constant with the fuselage, looking at the drawings would seem yes, the shift should be due to the inclination of 2.5 degrees of the body immediately at the end of the cockpit but I'm not sure.
For now I'm working on the virtual model and I'm facing the front of the kit, on the progress of the work I'll find out

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone I'm here with some news.
I worked a lot in this period, but now with the shutdown of the heating system I have more time to devote to the models.
I have not been with my hands, in fact I spent time buying and looking for some after market and documentation and reference photos on the net.
regarding the documentation I found the bible for the Hind or in the volume from WWP luckly at  a normal price in a shop in Paris, the second volume is from Mushroom Pubblication that I did not find interesting for as regards the iconographic part but useful as regards the story, a noteworthy for section dedicated to version A with several photos and drawings of the aircraft.
as for the after section I found the classic 2 sets of Cmk and part dedicated to the back, but what is most interesting are 2 new companies that have dedicated to this helicopter a lot of interesting stuff, the first is the LEM that corrected the  main rotor section , I'm not very happy with the result of the rotor area but I'm satisfied with the blade section, well made but I find a little 'approximate rotor: not very detailed and rather bare details.
The AWC sets are excellent, well detailed, well printed and enriched with photoengraving for the thinner parts, with regard to the front tower using the excellent machine gun of the model master I had already bought, fortunately AWC offers a set with and a set without, I took the extra tanks and the much nicer pylons of the CMK set and an excellent tail rotor, incoming the main rotor without the blades with part of the distribution box (part of the fantastic kit of the mil mi-17 that I hope to have soon in hand as it is still in the fas of wip, is available instead the mil mi-8 entirely in resin at about 150 € is a bit 'expensive but is the only one in 48 I invite you to view the site www. awc-models.pl )
You can find the lem site at this address www.lemkits.com
Other sets can be found at helicast www.helicast.pro proposing front weel bay,the air conditioning and armament compartments in single solutions or combos, unfortunately I ran aground to pay as I can not proceed with paypall and the company does not respond to my mail, you can play them but if I can avoid it would not be bad considering the amount of work waiting for me.
Last set are the seamless exhausts of Royale Resin who have the merit of not having to go crazy to sand the joints but lack the transmission shaft that goes through the turbines from the turbines to get into the rotor distribution box, a very visible detail that AWC has reproduced in a set dedicated to discharges, the address of the royale resin www.royaleresin.net

Ok after all this write here are some photos of my studies of the model and the material that I bought (not all because I did not want to pull out all the swag)

these photos highlight the symmetry of the model that instead should not exist or from the end of the pit on the whole must be bent by 2.5 degrees to the left, the axis of symmetry instead is right from this point on and here the kit seems correct, even the angle of the end of the rotor seems right, the model in 3D grows slowly after the crash of the HD that made me start all over again but as usual I break but I do not mind I started all over again from the beginning.

continue...

now some pics from AWC (write permission to use it)

pics copyright AWC.pl

for now it's all hope that my research on after and docs regarding the kit is helpful to someone, I can not wait to put my hand to the kit.
As usual critical comments etc. are welcome.

P.S.

Soon pics of my parallel wip strictly OOB

Edited by spartacus

Aeronca I think that the final cost of a resin hind should be too high and to rebuild an entire helicopter is a very hard work is better produce litte modification so a modeller can upgrade based on your skills and finances .

For example, the mil mi-8 costs about 150 euros and the amount of work is as impressing as you think it would cost a complete hind ?, how many people would be able not only to buy it but to build it?