Italeri 1/48 UH-1V "Huey" United States Army 0-22507

This is my Italeri 1/48 UH-1V

With tons of scratch *example*  completed rotor mast,interior,hoist,oxygen tank, Gatorade cooler, jungle pentrator, armored seats and more...

painted Medevac Crosses

and pastel shalk weathering

WUHZeaG.jpg

yEV4tWa.jpg

X7uct9L.jpg

qyoarjG.jpg

EL8OIBj.jpg

EL8OIBj.jpg

n1E0QG6.jpg

lTJPlSo.jpg

02Nn4C9.jpg

SPElly6.jpg

KyOfnA6.jpg

Kb3c1bR.jpg

Edited by CharlieUH-1H
  • CharlieUH-1H changed the title to Italeri 1/48 UH-1V "Huey" United States Army 0-22507
On 2/14/2018 at 6:07 PM, Joel_W said:

Outstanding to say the least.  

Rock solid build, with some very realistic weathering.

Joel

Thanks Joel, Weathering is what I love the most when doing a Huey

On 2/17/2018 at 3:15 AM, ForestFan said:

Excellent job

Thanks my friend!

On 2/17/2018 at 3:48 PM, R Spreckley said:

Cracking job

thank you brother

On 2/18/2018 at 9:57 AM, JesusNut said:

Fantastic Charlie!  I enjoyed watching this build as it progressed.  Keep up the great work!

Thanks man! what is your Huey doing? keep us post at the helo forum! please !!!

7 hours ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

Thanks man! what is your Huey doing? keep us post at the helo forum! please !!!

Slow going brother.  I just changed jobs and my schedule has completely changed.  I am trying to adjust and still get stuff done.  I am going to try to get some done this weekend and post an update.

On 2/20/2018 at 8:15 PM, JesusNut said:

Slow going brother.  I just changed jobs and my schedule has completely changed.  I am trying to adjust and still get stuff done.  I am going to try to get some done this weekend and post an update.

I understand,

me is kind of the same, I just get to scale modeling 2 hours or something at night when I get out of work

22 hours ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

I understand,

me is kind of the same, I just get to scale modeling 2 hours or something at night when I get out of work

Guys,

believe me, I can sense your frustration. Been there for almost 50 years. Just finally retired 3 weeks ago, and now I have all the time in the world do indulge in my hobbies and interests. Of course the head of the household has other plans when my negotiated 1 month of doing nothing is over. 

Joel

23 hours ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

I understand,

1 hour ago, Joel_W said:

Guys,

believe me, I can sense your frustration. Been there for almost 50 years. Just finally retired 3 weeks ago, and now I have all the time in the world do indulge in my hobbies and interests. Of course the head of the household has other plans when my negotiated 1 month of doing nothing is over. 

Joel

I just came off 12 hour night shifts to 8 hour day shifts and my body is still rebelling.  I am hoping in a couple weeks I will be adjusted and can spend some quality time at the bench in the evenings after work.  Of course, SWMBO usually has other ideas on what I should be using my quality time for!  :crying:  Joel, at least she negotiated with you!!  :thumbsup:  

15 minutes ago, JesusNut said:

I just came off 12 hour night shifts to 8 hour day shifts and my body is still rebelling.  I am hoping in a couple weeks I will be adjusted and can spend some quality time at the bench in the evenings after work.  Of course, SWMBO usually has other ideas on what I should be using my quality time for!  :crying:  Joel, at least she negotiated with you!!  :thumbsup:  

Tom,

I ran the overnight crews at CVS for 6 years after being a day manager for 25 years. When I was off Friday-Sunday, sleeping like a normal person was next to impossible. I use to go to sleep when I got home at 8am and slept 3 hrs and that was it per day till Friday night. I was up like every few hours. Like I said, I'm slowly learning how to sleep like most people do.

Joel

Just now, Joel_W said:

Tom,

I ran the overnight crews at CVS for 6 years after being a day manager for 25 years. When I was off Friday-Sunday, sleeping like a normal person was next to impossible, getting up every few hours throughout the night. During the work week I use to go to sleep when I got home at 8am and slept 3 hrs., and that was it per day till Friday night.  Like I said, I'm slowly learning how to sleep like most people do.\, but it's not an easy conversion.

As for the negotiations with the ultimate power to be, I sold my soul. 

Joel