1/48 AH-64D Block II

Does anyone out there know of any update/mod kits for the Hasegawa 1/48 AH-64D? Specifically, I'm looking to update to a late model D (Block II) with the sugar scoop exhausts and M-TADS and PNVS etc. I have looked everywhere I can think of, but no dice. I know there is the 1/48 E model, but this needs to be correct for a tribute piece I plan on making for my unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 minutes ago, scotthldr said:

The "E" Apache Guardian kit comes with the new bits, however the Taiwan Army boxing doesn't include the upturned exhausts

This is the one you want

hsgs7414box-lg.jpg

If I could find that kit for sale anywhere other than ebay, and less that $100, I'd be all over it, but budget doesn't allow it right now :(

Don't work in 1/48 (have the late D kit by Academy in 1/72) but from what I understand the E also has new rotor blades (different tips) which the Hasegawa includes in their E boxing but do they still include the old blades in the kit? If  the old blades are there you're okay but if not you would still need old style D blades. By the way I believe you could do what you want right out of the box with the new Academy late D Block II kit in 1/72 and it would be smaller for a neat presentation for someone. It is a fantastic kit:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AC12551

(Not an endorsement for this retailer necessarily, just knew they had a good photo of the box you want. They also do an early D with the regular exhausts  and a British boxing so get the right kit)

Edited by RCAFFAN

Just wanted to be sure you got the right rotor blades but now I realize you were the one that gave me blade info in another thread here so I'm pretty sure you've got it handled now. I'm working on the 1/72 Academy British issue right now (It has a separate sprue of unique British stuff) and was surprised as to the sensor fitting differences for the British machines. Since there is very little change in markings between British machines, they actually fill up the decal sheet with serial numbers for every single machine the British have.

Post a pic when you finish.... 

Both types of blades were in the "Taiwan Army" boxing of the E. The original style are on sprue 'F' and the new type on sprue 'H'

I've double checked the non Taiwan boxing 07414, and it has both types as well.