Revell '64 Fleetside finished - ready to roll!

Well it’s finally done! The Revell 1964 Chevy Fleetside is the first pickup truck kit that I’ve ever built, although I do have many others in the stash. It was similar to a car, which was nice, but it was also a nice break, with some distinct differences  in build order and challenges.

I was originally attracted to this kit because it was something different from what I normally build, and I figured it would give me a chance to paint something in nice, ‘60s colours and with some chrome on it. I’m not that used to chrome, since so much of my stuff is 80’s-era, wherein all trim was blacked out to be “Euro style”.

I have to say I’m very pleased with the result, although it wasn’t as easy to achieve as I might have thought it would be, given how relatively simple the build looked. Still, it’s one of the most eye-catching pieces in my display, and I enjoyed having something with whitewalls and chrome.  Check out the build, with more pictures, at the link below. Let me know what you think, as always!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/cars/revell-1-25-1964-chevy-fleetside/

1964-chevy-fleetside-099.jpg?w=400

Edited by Faust
  • 11 months later...