Adding Illumination to your ship model.

Recently I completed a project where I converted a 1/350 Trumpeter Nimitz to the Carl Vinson. (see my build thread under Aircraft Carriers or the Flickr album in my signature)

Flagship Models and I worked together and created a "How To" CD on the methods I used for illuminating my model with LED's and fiber optics..

The CD is now available from Flagship as one of their many excellent How-To CD's

You can find it at http://www.flagshipmodels.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=135&zenid=11508f2c72a513d7975079feb79bb916

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve seen folks attempt lighting to ships and aircraft. The work in the attempt is not the number one factor. Keeping the lighting to scale is paramount. I recently saw a 1/350 LHA fully lit in the hanger. The modeler simply installed big red LEDs in the bulkheads, and lit it like a night light, or table lamp. Just like adding extra details, the lighting sources have to match the scale of you subject.

Tracy