Question about AKAN lacquers

I have some AKAN lacquer paints. The bottles have a strange funnel shaped seal in the nozzle of the bottle. What is that for? Does it have a purpose? The top seals the bottle, that much is obvious, but what is the cone shaped part that sticks into the bottle itself for? It just seems to get in the way accessing the paint, especially if you want to stir it.

That little gizmo perplexed me also!!! It's actually an internal dispensing tube for the paint, so when you tip the bottle over into your paint cup it will carefully allow single paint drops to fall into the cup. No steady stream of paint gushing out creating a mess and you can control the drops and count them to create precise mixing ratios should you desire that. At first glance I didn't like it, now that I've used it a bunch I really do like it! The only downsides are you can't stir the paint, and it makes putting paint/thinner back into the bottle a pain because you can't add more than a drop or two at a time. I've been shaking the crap out of the bottle before using it so not being able to stir doesn't appear to impede mixing.  

Edited by modelingbob