Israeli AH-1S Pylons

Hello,

I am embarking on building the Monogram AH-1S as an Israeli Cobra, serial 314 from 1998. I have noticed that Israeli AH-1s stopped using the stub wing pylon at some point during their career, but nearly all the photos I have are from 2006 onwards. So, in 1998 would an Israeli Cobra have had the pylons fitted or not? Note that I don't mean the TOW launcher at the end of the wing, but the pylon underneath it that in the kit has a rocket pod attached. I would really rather leave the pylon off if I can...

Many thanks for any help

Jon

I have several photographs of Tzefa's carrying the pylon under the wing with pods attached. I can't be 100% positive of the time frame however. I would venture to say that it is entirely up to you whether or not you want to outfit your Cobra with them. I do know that at a certain year (unknown) IAF stopped using unguided munitions on all of their helicopters as to avoid collateral damage and that's why most Tzefa photos that are out there will show them outfitted with only TOW's the majority of the time.