Yamato 2199 Gamilas tri-deck space carrier

Hello all,

This is one of Ban Dai's little box scale kits.  I have never watched any of the Yamato 2199 stuff but I have liked Star Blazers since I was a kid.  I saw this kit at my LHS for $5.99 and couldn't pass it up.

Yamato 2199 Gamilas tri-deck space carrier01

It is a very small kit and I was able to complete it in an afternoon.  It did not come with any decals so I had to paint the stripes on the decks and I used some decals from my odds and ends to detail it out a little.  I finished it about a month ago but had no way to post it due to photosuckit.  I never realized how hard it is to take pictures of very small kits.  I will keep an eye out for more of these, they are a nice, quick fun build.

Yamato 2199 Gamilas tri-deck space carrier02

Yamato 2199 Gamilas tri-deck space carrier03

Yamato 2199 Gamilas tri-deck space carrier04

Yamato 2199 Gamilas tri-deck space carrier05

Yamato 2199 Gamilas tri-deck space carrier06

And just to give a size reference this is the kit with some paint bottles.  At least I don't have to worry about finding space for it on the shelf.

Yamato 2199 Gamilas tri-deck space carrier07

Thanks for having a look.

Els

• 2 weeks later...

Not much for the tiny kits, but you did great on that one! Especially for someone who hasn't seen SBY 2199!? If you loved the original, you'll be sure to love this one. It's available to watch from several anime sites, though they are fan subs so some are better than others at translating the dialogue. Give it a shot - and build more of your fleet!